Thread: Turning Hollywood onto mead

Default Turning Hollywood onto mead

Well another interesting evening.

They are filming a new TV series on our block and the food services truck is parked quite literally in out front yard (or at least on the street in front of our house), Iíll weight 800 lbs by the time this is through.

But the reason for this post is what happened after filming today. I had the producer and the lead actor, over for a mead tasting.

They started clearing off the table, so before they could finish, here is a photo of the damages, with my friend Niel in the background.

It included.

Beer:

Heather Ale

Yarrow Ale

Gruit Ale with all local herbs, Yarrow, Juniper, Rosemary and Sage, very interesting, but I doubt if I will do it again.

Sage infused double Belgium

Cider (you can see the ďCheap Cider growler in the backgroundĒ)

Meads:

Semi Sweat Show Mead
    Dry Show Mead
    Dry, Semi Sweat and Sweat JAO
    Lime
    Lemon
    Petite Sirah based Pyment
    Blackberry
    Pomegranate
    Semi Sweat Chocolate mead
    Ginger Mead
    Sage Mead
    Hatch Chili and Chocolate Mead

Iím working on having a wrap party at our house, the hook is I will provide all the beer and mead. If Iím lucky Iíll turn a whole small subset of Hollywod onto mead.

Cheers
    Jay

I don't see the photo but by the list, holy crap, you weren't kidding about cleaning off the table!

Closest I've come to an honest to goodness star has been helping to make armour for one...
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014
    "I tend to....um, er, experiment, and go outside the box. Sometimes outside the whole department store." - Ebonhawk, 2014

Sorry don't know what happened last time, but here it is again

Nice! That sounds like quite a tasting

My Social Networking

Follow wildoates On Twitter Add wildoates on Facebook

When you start hobnobbing with all the A-listers, remember us, okay?!

Evergreen, CO (west of and above the Denver smog!)

Heckova party! Nicely done!!
    Na zdrowie!

Wayne B.

That sounds like a great time, and much better than what I thought the title was originally: Turning Hollywood INTO Mead. That just didn't seem likely.
    Want to see something added to the GotMead Glossary? PM me! Didn't know we had a glossary? Check the top row of links.

Quote Originally Posted by akueck View Post
    That sounds like a great time, and much better than what I thought the title was originally: Turning Hollywood INTO Mead. That just didn't seem likely.
    And something tells me it'd taste really bad. Almost like a...hollywood movie, or something
    Please excuse me for asking lots of question. It's really your fault! Because you're an awesome group of people too willing to answer questions, I just find more thing I wonder about as I learn more. So, sorry for that