Thread: Score sheets and Mazers have hit the mail!

Default Score sheets and Mazers have hit the mail!

Just a quick update to let you know that our hard-working and dedicated Mazer Cup International staff sent out your score sheets and mazers yesterday. Keep an eye peeled for your results, you should be seeing them late this week or next week early hopefully.

Outside the USA will take a bit longer.

Cheers and congratulations to all you winners, and to all of you who entered. All of you are what makes the Mazer Cup International the great competition that it is, and we appreciate and thank you for participating. We're working on some new ideas for next year that should be really great for all who enter.

Cheers,

Petar "Oskaar" Bakuli
    ć
    Director of Operations
    Mazer Cup International

Is it tasty . . . precious?

My Social Networking

Follow wildoates On Twitter Add wildoates on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Oskaar View Post
    Just a quick update to let you know that our hard-working and dedicated Mazer Cup International staff sent out your score sheets and mazers yesterday. Keep an eye peeled for your results, you should be seeing them late this week or next week early hopefully.

Outside the USA will take a bit longer.

Cheers and congratulations to all you winners, and to all of you who entered. All of you are what makes the Mazer Cup International the great competition that it is, and we appreciate and thank you for participating. We're working on some new ideas for next year that should be really great for all who enter.

Cheers,

Petar "Oskaar" Bakuli
    ć
    Director of Operations
    Mazer Cup International

Thanks to you and all the MCI staff for putting in so much work...even we who weren't there and didn't enter have enjoyed hearing all about it.

At least I have, anyway.

Got my score sheets, yeah!!

And, Vicky scored my Ginger Lemon-Lime mead and Wayne my OB mead! Thanks for the notes, scores and all the hard work by everyone!!!

I presume the winners were in the high 40's to 50, but nonetheless, I feel good about my first Mazer Cup entries, especially since they were not quite two years old.

Ginger Lemon Lime Scored; 46 and 43 (Vicky, since you asked, the Brewlog is here)
    OB Traditional scored; 42 and 42
    The Vanilla Metheglin (youngest of the three) score; 35 and 39.

Thanks again to the judges, helpers, organizers and participants!

Eric
    Magnificent, Enchanting, Alcohol Delight - MEAD!

Those are all really good scores! From a couple of the judges I talked with it seemed like most good meads score between 30-39 points, they don't just hand out scores over 40, that means the mead was seriously very good.
    ~AToE (A Thing of Eternity... it's a nerd thing...)

AKA: Alan H

Yes, anything over 40 would be in the range of "excellent" to "change your pants afterward". Even the "low" score of 35 is very good.

I think I remember hearing about the ginger/citrus one from a few tables away.
    Want to see something added to the GotMead Glossary? PM me! Didn't know we had a glossary? Check the top row of links.

Please see here for scoresheet posting etiquette.

Thanks for your help,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

Quote Originally Posted by akueck View Post
    Yes, anything over 40 would be in the range of "excellent" to "change your pants afterward".
    That. THAT is what I strive for in a mead.
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014
    "I tend to....um, er, experiment, and go outside the box. Sometimes outside the whole department store." - Ebonhawk, 2014