• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Join Oskaar in Fullerton June 4, 2011 and make some mead!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
The Anniversary Party starts at 10:00 AM and runs to 5:00 PM, I should be firing up the lees stirrer at about noon or so.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Looks like I'll be on starting at 3:00 PM so come ready to make mead. I'll have the recipe printed out and some handouts as well for those who will be watching/participating.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Recipe Posted in Patrons Area Brewlog

Howdy, I posted this up in the Patrons Area Brewlog.

See here

Cheers,

Oskaar

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Thanks mucho for posting the recipe, Oakaar--I would have loved to have been there, and if you're ever in my neck of the world I hope you'll do it again. :)

Dang weddings.

Hmmmpf.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
This was a great event. We had about thirteen or fourteen people show up to check out the meadmaking and we had two folks that brought honey and yeast (and hibiscus!) to make their own mead as well. There were a number of folks that picked up ingredients for making their first batch. That's so excellent!

It was a lot of fun, with a lot of great questions and some great people to chat with while sampling some mead. We had folks come in from as far away as San Diego! That was so cool! A met up with a couple folks (Yo, guys!) afterward at Da Bruery and we continued the "sampling" there. Needless to say I'm moving a bit slower than usual this morning!

Thank you again for coming out to support mead and meadmaking!

A picture of the Meri's Sweet Cherry with some nice oak cubes floating under the pretty pink foam!

Cheers,

Oskaar

YogiBearMead726

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Francisco, CA
It was a lot of fun, and a great opportunity to pick your brain! ;) I have high hopes for the Hibiscus Metheglyn, and will definitely be sending you a couple of bottles once it's done aging.

I'm glad the Mutiny I brought met with your approval. I only wish I had more of that batch to age.

Also, it was pretty awesome to have my first visit to The Bruery be with someone who really appreciates great beer in addition to great mead and wine.

Thanks again for everything!
-Jeff

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns