• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Join Oskaar in Fullerton June 4, 2011 and make some mead!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hello to all of you GotMeaders!

I'll be doing a meadmaking seminar/demonstration in Fullerton, California on Saturday, June 4, 2011 at Addison Homebrew Provisions.

I'll be making a melomel (tentatively a tart cherry) using my own unique technique and explaining the process as I whip up the batch of mead. I'll also post the recipe here on GotMead in the Patron Section.

If you plan on coming out, bring a bottle of mead with you (or two. . . maybe three) and join the fun. If you have the fixins to make a batch of mead, bring them along as well and we'll have a group-grope orgy of meadmaking right there on the spot, and I can help you dial in your recipes and show you my way of making some great mead.

Here's the address and phone for the location:

1328 East Orangethorpe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92831

Trust me when I say my style is unique, half-science, half-intuition and half-technology, some fun and generally involves plenty of taste testing (of finished mead, and of course the must).

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
that'd be a long swim for me too! An Asian-Australian tour perhaps, Oskaar? :)

Now that would be nice, my sister lives in Australia (Victoria) so it would be nice to get down there and give her a rough time, and hassle my nephew. They were up for Christmas and New Year's 2010 and 2011. But it's such a long way and it would be nice to see them more than once a year!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
If you can go, do it! Nobody has more fun at a meadmaking orgy than Oskaar! ;D

Haha, totally true! This should be a blast, we have folks from several of the local brew clubs coming to join the fun.

Cheers,

Oskaar

YogiBearMead726

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Got the 4th off, so I'll be there!

Now, when you say to bring stuff to make a batch, just whatever we want to make? Or will everyone make a cherry mead? Either way, I need to do something with my goldenrod honey before SWMBO uses it all. ;)

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Got the 4th off, so I'll be there!

Now, when you say to bring stuff to make a batch, just whatever we want to make? Or will everyone make a cherry mead? Either way, I need to do something with my goldenrod honey before SWMBO uses it all. ;)

Feel free to bring whatever you want to make. I'll be doing a tart cherry mel, but you're free to make whatever you like and I'll help to dial in your recipe.

Cheers, and glad to see that you'll be there.

Oskaar

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Believe me when I say that I would rather go to this event on the 4th than the wedding on the 5th. To the nth degree.

Yeah, one o' them family events. Sigh.

kudapucat

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bundoora, Melbourne, Australia
Believe me when I say that I would rather go to this event on the 4th than the wedding on the 5th. To the nth degree.

Yeah, one o' them family events. Sigh.

+1
I even have the day off!
I'd do anything to escape winter atm... it's so depressing.
I wish every year that I could put on some mead to ferment in the nice cool climes, and then go north for the winter. (Yeah, north. Everything's upside down here remember)

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Looks like we're going to have a pretty good turnout so far, plus there will be a beer making demo going on before I do the cherry melomel demo. Should be a hoot!

Like I said, if you have honey, yeast and water, plus something to ferment in, come on down and make some mead!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns