• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

What have you been reading?

Barrel Char Wood Products

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
Awesome! I read it off Gutenberg a few years ago....not as cool as a 100 year old book.

DOH! Just checked. It's not 100 or even 10 years old. Just a very badly kept "special edition" from 2007. Where is that little embarrassed face icon? :color: that will do.

edblanford

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Dec 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation, by Michael Pollan. A very interesting book so far, recommended by my supplier of local spring water I am going to be using in my meads (opposed to carbon block 1 micron filtered tap water, which is a pain in the butt).

EJM3

Honey Master
Registered Member
Nov 21, 2013
The Boozevarian Village of Leavenworth WA
. . Principles of Brewing Science . .
A Study of Serious Brewing Issues
. . . . . . .Second Edition. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . .George Fix, Ph.D. . . . . . .

The high brow's low brow high brow book on the lowly brew...

edblanford

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Dec 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
Behind God's Back (Second of the Ariel Kafka series) by Harri Nykansen. I am officially addicted to Scandinavian Crime Novels, having read some 50 plus to date! I am now in a position to have to wait for translations of books I want to read, but as they become more popular, the translations are starting to come sooner after original publishing in the native language. Good for my reading, bad for the balance of my Kindle account! LOL

Clwurster

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Jan 15, 2015
Indiana
Signal to noise (Eric Nyland)
Salt block cooking-fits in with drinking mead
Beowolf (Seamus Heaney)

Lberry6595

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 16, 2014
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, which I would recommend to all comers, above all else, bar none.

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
Re-reading Watership Down.

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
Also reading all the in-game books in Skyrim and marveling at the time and effort they put in to random elements that 99% if all players will ignore.

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns