FerndalePalooza!30% Off Pairing Mead and Food!
  1. Default bits of cork in bottle

so i filters and bottled a batch of mead about 4 months ago and today i grab a bottle and notice a few cork particles at the bottom. did i do something wrong ?? i dont remember any particles floating around a few months ago when i bottled it. i know it wont hurt anything but some floaties in a nice clear bottle of mead can look gross to some. i used those twin disc corks and soaked the corks before putting them through the corker.

thanks

Slim

Sometimes the edges of corks can shear off when it's going through the corker and into the bottle mouth, expecially if you soak them, I've had it happen before. I'm not familiar with the twin disc corks you describe but most corks these days aren't intended to be soaked.
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014
    "I tend to....um, er, experiment, and go outside the box. Sometimes outside the whole department store." - Ebonhawk, 2014