• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Earth Moving?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Echostatic

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 5, 2011
Dallas, Tx
We had a 2.6 here in Dallas a couple weeks ago... Small, but strange.

*Wonders how many small earthquakes are caused by America's obesity problem*

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Welcome to our world. :)

Well, actually, the area where I live is in the middle of CA's huge Central Valley, and there aren't any large faults very close to us. The last rumble I felt here was in 1975, and I barely felt it. I was in the Bay Area for Loma Prieta in 89, but since I was driving (and not on a bridge, although I had just crossed one) I didn't feel anything at all.

MrMooCow

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Nov 11, 2008
Woodridge, IL
It's obvious that the Gods are angry. We have to make a sacrifice to them.

*pause* *hopes no one recalls cows are a traditional burnt offering*

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

TheAlchemist

I am Meadlemania
GotMead Patron
Sep 9, 2010
near a lake
*Wonders how many small earthquakes are caused by America's obesity problem*

*hopes no one recalls cows are a traditional burnt offering*

Double Ha!....

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Heard about it on the news, glad everyone's OK, they said we were supposed to have been able to feel it here but I was in the shop with earmuffs on playing with power tools all day so I wouldn't have heard or felt it anyway...

Edit - my tenant said he felt it. So there you go, Richmond VA to Ottawa ON.

Last edited:

caffeine211

NewBee
Registered Member
May 23, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Felt it pretty well in the Philly area. First experience with an earthquake. It was a pretty unsettling feeling even though it was only about 30 seconds.

Apparently it was a 5.8-5.9 magnitude quake that started in the Richmond, VA area. My sister lives pretty close to there and I talked to her - sound like the shaking was a little more intense there but there wasn't much/any actual damage done to buildings etc in the area.

autocat13

The Thistle and Stag Meadery
Premium Patron
Aug 17, 2011
Virginia
Yes it moved

I live just 10 miles from the center of the earthquake. No damage,and I don't think it shook up the JAO to bad in the basement. It was only 9 days old at that point, but mother earth has been shaking it a little each day since. I will be starting a straight mead tomorrow, it will be only my second mead wish me luck.

JayH

Worker Bee
Registered Member
May 9, 2006
Corrales, NM
My real worry is how many of you had your meads diluted in the north east. Hope all of you are well and dry and that nothing more important than a carboy washed away.

Cheers
Jay

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns