Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blood Orange Melomel First Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Sadie Lady View Post
    I have potassium meta and some One Step. Both say you don't have to rinse, I keep wondering about that every time I stir my must with a spoon that's been dipped in one or the other.
    I agree I have wondered about that as well. Now I know. I think I have settled on the one step, so now I have to track some down.

Thanks, not going to worry about that anymore. Also, I don't know about our tap water here either. Sometimes I think I smell chlorine in it even though they say they don't chlorinate it, so I've never used it to make any mead.
    I filter my tap water. I swear I smell chlorine in our water too, and my husband assures me it's not there.

Thanks, not going to worry about that anymore. Also, I don't know about our tap water here either. Sometimes I think I smell chlorine in it even though they say they don't chlorinate it, so I've never used it to make any mead.
    I, on the other hand, know full well I have chloramine in my tap water and use the stuff straight out of the tap. No problems I can attribute to it so far...
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014
    "I tend to....um, er, experiment, and go outside the box. Sometimes outside the whole department store." - Ebonhawk, 2014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12