Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inkpen -- Tyr is still hoisting mead

Default Inkpen -- Tyr is still hoisting mead

The patron saint of mead is still quaffing flagons at the bar. Check here for the latest:

http://www.gocomics.com/inkpen/2012/02/09

--
    <><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><><>
    Dan McFeeley

"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
    (The people's spirit is raised through culture)

Couple flagons of mead, couple of flagons of coffee....sailor take warning...
    Bees stole my signature file!

If Tyr starts combining them, call it the Norse version of a Jager bomb.

--
    <><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><><>
    Dan McFeeley

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McFeeley View Post
    ...call it the Norse version of a Jager bomb. --
    That would explain berserking Norsemen, caffienatted and buzzed....

Berserker Bombs!

--
    <><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><><>
    Dan McFeeley

Dammit, now we have to try it...

...although mine will be decaf or I get heart palpitations...
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "Good grief! If someone wanted to murder you, all they would have to do is ship you a 55 gallon barrel of honey and watch you document working yourself to death!" - Vance G
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014

I haven't had much luck fermenting coffee yet, it goes kind of sour.
    Angry Viking Hedgehog say "Give me mead or I poke ya!"

Are you making it like normal coffe, or cold pressing it?

Cold pressed it all three times. This last one is doing better, but I over hopped it and it's kind of bitter and earthy. Not bad, but I want to sweeten it.

The Hops are probably your problem. I have a gallon of Coffee Mead currently clearing; last sample I had was not bad. It's completely dry and was slightly carbonated, so it was a bit sharp, but once it clears and I backsweeten it I'm sure it'll be fine, especially once it has some more time to age.

Lol, the one with the hops is the one that's turned out the best! It's the other two that turned out funky! And from what I've read/talked about with brewers, coffee just seems to be one of those ingredients. Sometimes it turns out fine, sometimes it turns out weird, and no one's really sure why. Kind of like blueberries. A good blueberry mead is great! But a lot of experienced brewers will advise against trying one out too fast because blueberries are kind of funky sometimes.

Anyway, I've gotten totally hooked on this comic.

Real Life is perpetuating the airlock bubble myth, shame shame! I already sent them an email directing them to this site...

http://www.reallifecomics.com/archive/120314.html

Oh, well. At least they haven't forgotten about meadmaking
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "Good grief! If someone wanted to murder you, all they would have to do is ship you a 55 gallon barrel of honey and watch you document working yourself to death!" - Vance G
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014

Wonder if he is actually making mead...or just fiddling with it in the comic...

My suspicion is that he's actually making it, how else would he know how fascinating airlock blurping could be (and it is called Real Life comics and he does try to reflect real life stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevette Girl View Post
    My suspicion is that he's actually making it, how else would he know how fascinating airlock blurping could be (and it is called Real Life comics and he does try to reflect real life stuff)
    Well he could have a friend that makes it. the artist could be the one that doesn't get it and the comic could be his way of poking fun at a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevette Girl View Post
    Yes, but some of the people in the comic haven't been in his real life in a couple of years. Not that I have been reading it for a while or anything...look a BLIMP! *scampers off*

Quote Originally Posted by skunkboy View Post
    Yes, but some of the people in the comic haven't been in his real life in a couple of years. Not that I have been reading it for a while or anything...look a BLIMP! *scampers off*
    Yeah, well... he was still drawing that Volvo for years after he'd gotten rid of it, because drawing a Firefly is just boring... cause, you know, I haven't been reading it for a while either... <looks around, whistling a little>

Bartender with an interesting idea on appropriate replacements when one is out of flagons... Poor Tyr.

I keeping forgetting to read this comic...

And Tyr's at it again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast