• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Inkpen -- Tyr is still hoisting mead

Barrel Char Wood Products

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Dammit, now we have to try it... :p

...although mine will be decaf or I get heart palpitations...

Soyala_Amaya

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2011
Missouri
Cold pressed it all three times. This last one is doing better, but I over hopped it and it's kind of bitter and earthy. Not bad, but I want to sweeten it.

The_Bishop

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Jan 24, 2012
Hackettstown, NJ
The Hops are probably your problem. I have a gallon of Coffee Mead currently clearing; last sample I had was not bad. It's completely dry and was slightly carbonated, so it was a bit sharp, but once it clears and I backsweeten it I'm sure it'll be fine, especially once it has some more time to age.

Soyala_Amaya

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2011
Missouri
Lol, the one with the hops is the one that's turned out the best! It's the other two that turned out funky! And from what I've read/talked about with brewers, coffee just seems to be one of those ingredients. Sometimes it turns out fine, sometimes it turns out weird, and no one's really sure why. Kind of like blueberries. A good blueberry mead is great! But a lot of experienced brewers will advise against trying one out too fast because blueberries are kind of funky sometimes.

Anyway, I've gotten totally hooked on this comic.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
My suspicion is that he's actually making it, how else would he know how fascinating airlock blurping could be ;D (and it is called Real Life comics and he does try to reflect real life stuff)

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
My suspicion is that he's actually making it, how else would he know how fascinating airlock blurping could be ;D (and it is called Real Life comics and he does try to reflect real life stuff)

Well he could have a friend that makes it. the artist could be the one that doesn't get it and the comic could be his way of poking fun at a friend.

skunkboy

NewBee
Registered Member
May 30, 2005
Between Jackson and Detroit

Yes, but some of the people in the comic haven't been in his real life in a couple of years. Not that I have been reading it for a while or anything...look a BLIMP! *scampers off*

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Yes, but some of the people in the comic haven't been in his real life in a couple of years. Not that I have been reading it for a while or anything...look a BLIMP! *scampers off*

Yeah, well... he was still drawing that Volvo for years after he'd gotten rid of it, because drawing a Firefly is just boring... cause, you know, I haven't been reading it for a while either... <looks around, whistling a little>

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns