• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

It's an awful problem to have

Barrel Char Wood Products

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
Such a long day yesterday racking numerous batches. I'm to the point where every carboy that can be used is being used. 2 Traditionals, a Peach, a Mango, a Cherry, the Wheat Braggot, the Hopped mead and the Bochet all needed to be racked either into secondaries or for long term aging. It sucked since it consisted of racking 2 batches and than washing the carboys I just emptied, sanitizing them racking 2 more batches and repeating the process until finished. The JOA and the Blueberry JOAv will need to be racked soon. I need some more Carboys :(

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
I've graduated from "I do not have enough carboys" to "I do not have room for more carboys!" so even payday won't help. And if I bottled everything that's ready to be be bottled (if I had enough bottles) I think I'd be running out of bottle storage room. My drinking problem: I keep forgetting to crack one open when I'm home!

Soyala_Amaya

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2011
Missouri
I hoard all of my bottles till an event comes, then show up with cases for other people to drink.

Yep, I'm a brewer who drinks MAYBE once a month, probably closer to every other month. And even then it's just a glass or two.:dontknow:

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
I'll crack a beer or mead maybe 2 or 3 times a week, but I'm hoarding homebrew for the upcoming world economical collapse when alcohol will be the preferred currency.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
How can you forget? :confused:
If I don't have a beer shortly after I get home from work my wife asks me if I'm feeling OK. ;D

Biggest problem is I do Aikido three or four days a week so I don't get home till 9 and by then I want food NOW, and I don't want beer when I'm full... and when we have other people over, almost none of them drink. Maybe I need more friends who drink, then I'll be more inclined to, since my hubby's only interested if someone else is... I do at least try to have a glass of something on Friday nights when we usually have people over but they've got kids so they can't always escape to our place :)

skunkboy

NewBee
Registered Member
May 30, 2005
Between Jackson and Detroit
I'll crack a beer or mead maybe 2 or 3 times a week, but I'm hoarding homebrew for the upcoming world economical collapse when alcohol will be the preferred currency.

Zombie Apocalypse ... Zombies hate Belgian beer ...
Nerds love Mead ... Most everyone flees from sparkling vampires ...
Where I am going with this? :dontknow: :drunken_smilie:

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
...the upcoming world economical collapse when alcohol will be the preferred currency.

That's kind of funny, I've paid for riding lessons with wine in the past and plan to do so in the future, and a friend last night gave me a nice bottle of 2007 red wine for doing a simple sewing project for him :)

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
That's kind of funny, I've paid for riding lessons with wine in the past and plan to do so in the future, and a friend last night gave me a nice bottle of 2007 red wine for doing a simple sewing project for him :)

See "the end" has already started :hiding:

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns