Thread: Greetings and Salutations! :D

1. Default Greetings and Salutations! :D

Heyas,

Posted a few and decided I should introduce myself.

My blood type is 'A - secretor' (Basically need to eat almost strict vegan to avoid food issues) and I'm one sensitive guy when it comes to feeling, taste, smell and hearing.

High functioning autistic that can't hold distilled liquor for crud and have avoided alcohol for the last 10 years... 'cept a beer every other month or so. Never could stand commercial wines as they always made me feel like crap.

Had a roomate last year that talked me into brewing up a few gallons of wine for them.... DAAAAAAAAAMN! that was some tasty Stuff!!!
    Grooves with me really well.

A year later I have 8-10 5gal batches under my belt of wine and a few gallons of mead.

I'm here to dip my learning ladle in the pool of information ya'll have gathered here. (Accent faked for your enhanced reading pleasure) I have a little bit of info from a 'sensitive' person's point of view... and a LOT to learn from here.

Thanks for contributing info everyone... hope I'm able to return the favor.

Happy Fermenting!

Welcome to the Mead Hive Mind. There is knowledge and wisdom aplenty to be discovered herein.

Welcome to GotMead. If your wine was good before, it will only get better from following this site!

4. Default

Thanks for the warm welcome

I'm thinking I need to make crappier wines though, not better. LOL

After 10 years of not drinking I'm finding myself having a glass at lunch and usually 1-2 glasses at bedtime. *grin* Tasty!

Took a drag off the gallon in the fridge today... a few minutes after I forgot I'd already done that. Felt like I'd shotgunned a beer! LOL Gotta warn folks that they can't judge the 'potency' of my wine by the 'bite' of the alcohol.... only way to find out is to sip some and wait. Gotta love it. *grin*

Happy Fermenting!

Welcome Wine! I'm a newbee too. I really like the personality of the hive here. They are more than helpful and forgiving. I think what helps is that, as meadmakers, we all tend to WANT constructive criticism to make our mead better. I'm sure an ego get puckered now and then, but that's just human nature! (Wow where did THAT tangent stem from?)

Anyway ... welcome!

Welcome to the group

Welcome to board and the hobby!
    Bees stole my signature file!