• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Greetings and Salutations! :D

Barrel Char Wood Products

!Wine

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2012
Heyas, :hello2:

Posted a few and decided I should introduce myself.

My blood type is 'A - secretor' (Basically need to eat almost strict vegan to avoid food issues) and I'm one sensitive guy when it comes to feeling, taste, smell and hearing.

High functioning autistic that can't hold distilled liquor for crud and have avoided alcohol for the last 10 years... 'cept a beer every other month or so. Never could stand commercial wines as they always made me feel like crap.

Had a roomate last year that talked me into brewing up a few gallons of wine for them.... DAAAAAAAAAMN! that was some tasty Stuff!!! :D
Grooves with me really well.

A year later I have 8-10 5gal batches under my belt of wine and a few gallons of mead.

I'm here to dip my learning ladle in the pool of information ya'll have gathered here. (Accent faked for your enhanced reading pleasure) I have a little bit of info from a 'sensitive' person's point of view... and a LOT to learn from here. :D

Thanks for contributing info everyone... hope I'm able to return the favor.

Happy Fermenting! :cool:

!Wine

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2012
Thanks for the warm welcome ;)

I'm thinking I need to make crappier wines though, not better. LOL

After 10 years of not drinking I'm finding myself having a glass at lunch and usually 1-2 glasses at bedtime. *grin* Tasty!

Took a drag off the gallon in the fridge today... a few minutes after I forgot I'd already done that. Felt like I'd shotgunned a beer! LOL Gotta warn folks that they can't judge the 'potency' of my wine by the 'bite' of the alcohol.... only way to find out is to sip some and wait. Gotta love it. *grin*

Happy Fermenting!

Mr. P

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2012
Central Indiana, USA
Welcome Wine! I'm a newbee too. I really like the personality of the hive here. They are more than helpful and forgiving. I think what helps is that, as meadmakers, we all tend to WANT constructive criticism to make our mead better. I'm sure an ego get puckered now and then, but that's just human nature! (Wow where did THAT tangent stem from?)

Anyway ... welcome!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns