Thread: Have at it!

Default Have at it!

My team won yesterday 0-3 during their match, which started at about 3pm Eastern Time.

Go ahead and see if you can guess:

(a) which sport it is, and

(b) what team I follow.
    I like my beer black, my mead clear, my daughter good, and my wife bad.

My guess is

1) soccer

2) Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - 3 Arsenal

The fact that you said "match" pretty much eliminated any american only sport as they are commonly referred to as games; tennis is the exception, but then it is not a team sport.

This left me with a European sport, where soccer is the most watch sport in Europe with low scores like this. From there, it was as simple as going to ESPN and looking at the soccer scores from yesterday. There were only 2 games that were 0-3/3-0. Since you said 0-3, then I went with the game that was 0-3.
    Michael

Not all those who wander are lost.
    -J.R.R Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by BrewinNColorado View Post
    My guess is

1) soccer

2) Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - 3 Arsenal

The fact that you said "match" pretty much eliminated any american only sport as they are commonly referred to as games; tennis is the exception, but then it is not a team sport.

This left me with a European sport, where soccer is the most watch sport in Europe with low scores like this. From there, it was as simple as going to ESPN and looking at the soccer scores from yesterday. There were only 2 games that were 0-3/3-0. Since you said 0-3, then I went with the game that was 0-3.
    Look at you, Sherlock Holmes. Although he wouldn't have explained himself until after Penguinetti said "Wow! How did you do that?" And you woulda been like "Elementary my dear flightless antarctic waterfowl."

(for the record, I was gonna guess soccer too, based on the word "match" and the low score. (although in my experience with soccer, that's a pretty high score.))

Yea, you were right on the money. I actually said 0-3 for that exact reason, cause the QPR game was 3-0, I believe.

In all fairness, though, Wolves are at the bottom of the league, and Arsenal are in 3rd, so they should've won by a little more, if anything. But hey, a win's a win.

Also, my buddy calls me his 'flightless friend'. Made me think of him.
    I like my beer black, my mead clear, my daughter good, and my wife bad.