Thread: Stymied by lack of Basin Wrench...

Default Stymied by lack of Basin Wrench...

My kitchen faucet now longer works, so I went out and bought a new one, and of course waited until late in the day to do so. Asked if I would need any special tools, and was told no by the dude at Lowes, which turns out to be sorta wrong. To get the old faucet out it now appears that basin wrench would be very useful. I should have followed the old rub that any project takes at least two trips to the hardware store. So I guess I get to make a run to in the morning and fiddle with the sink afterwords.

Then the meadery can get up and running again, and I can get some product bottled!
    Bees stole my signature file!

Gah....I suck at plumbing... took me 2 1/2 hours to get the old faucet and spray head out. Hopefully the install of the new one will go faster...

Yup...10 minutes to install the new one... at least I can start using the sink again.

We replaced our toilets last year and the first one took about three times longer than the second, fortunately our Home Despot is open till 10 pm!

Although to be fair on the first one, we did have to get out the visegrips... you know it's a bad job when you have to use visegrips on anything that has screw threads, but one of the bolts that come out of the floor was turning when we tried to get the nut off...

And I think when we replaced our kitchen sink, we had to improvise with needlenose pliers to get the old one out. I don't know how my husband did the bathroom ones, I don't know if they're different from kitchen ones...
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "Good grief! If someone wanted to murder you, all they would have to do is ship you a 55 gallon barrel of honey and watch you document working yourself to death!" - Vance G
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014

I'm mechanically reclined, and somewhat of a klutz. So anytime I attempt to endeavor to do something like this, especially by myself, I realize I'm going to be having fun expanding my vocabulary. Although I did manage to do this without taking any major wounds, unlike at work where every time I open up a server I get bitten by something in the box.

Yeah, I hear you on the klutz part... I don't consider a woodworking project complete until I've bled on it... and just about every time I go under the hood of the car for anything other than replenishing leaking fluids, something bites me... Usually it's just gouging bits out of my knuckles when some tight nut gives way suddenly and I bash into something else... which is especially likely to happen when I'm trying to do something without the proper tools... which is getting less often now because I've accumulated a lot of the tools I need for the jobs I've had to do before and I now have enough different contacts to be able to borrow almost anything I might need for a project, either from my boss or my mechanic...
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "Good grief! If someone wanted to murder you, all they would have to do is ship you a 55 gallon barrel of honey and watch you document working yourself to death!" - Vance G
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014