• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Stymied by lack of Basin Wrench...

Barrel Char Wood Products

skunkboy

NewBee
Registered Member
May 30, 2005
Between Jackson and Detroit
My kitchen faucet now longer works, so I went out and bought a new one, and of course waited until late in the day to do so. Asked if I would need any special tools, and was told no by the dude at Lowes, which turns out to be sorta wrong. To get the old faucet out it now appears that basin wrench would be very useful. I should have followed the old rub that any project takes at least two trips to the hardware store. So I guess I get to make a run to in the morning and fiddle with the sink afterwords.

Then the meadery can get up and running again, and I can get some product bottled! :)

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
We replaced our toilets last year and the first one took about three times longer than the second, fortunately our Home Despot is open till 10 pm!

Although to be fair on the first one, we did have to get out the visegrips... you know it's a bad job when you have to use visegrips on anything that has screw threads, but one of the bolts that come out of the floor was turning when we tried to get the nut off...

And I think when we replaced our kitchen sink, we had to improvise with needlenose pliers to get the old one out. I don't know how my husband did the bathroom ones, I don't know if they're different from kitchen ones...

skunkboy

NewBee
Registered Member
May 30, 2005
Between Jackson and Detroit
I'm mechanically reclined, and somewhat of a klutz. So anytime I attempt to endeavor to do something like this, especially by myself, I realize I'm going to be having fun expanding my vocabulary. Although I did manage to do this without taking any major wounds, unlike at work where every time I open up a server I get bitten by something in the box. :)

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, I hear you on the klutz part... I don't consider a woodworking project complete until I've bled on it... and just about every time I go under the hood of the car for anything other than replenishing leaking fluids, something bites me... Usually it's just gouging bits out of my knuckles when some tight nut gives way suddenly and I bash into something else... which is especially likely to happen when I'm trying to do something without the proper tools... which is getting less often now because I've accumulated a lot of the tools I need for the jobs I've had to do before and I now have enough different contacts to be able to borrow almost anything I might need for a project, either from my boss or my mechanic...

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns