Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit area Mead and Greet

Default Detroit area Mead and Greet

We've been talking about it for a months know and many of us said that the end of April would be a GOOD TIME to get together at Kuhnhenn's so how about Sunday April 29th around 5pm? They are not very busy on Sundays so they might let us sample some of our own meads and 5 is early enough that we could spend a couple hours getting to know one another and still have plenty of time to get back home and get some sleep for work the next day.

Any Input from the Detroit contingent?
    " ...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. " -TheFlyingBeer (on HomeBrewTalk)

Sounds good to me. I'll check and see if anyone else by me is interested.
    Bees stole my signature file!

I'd like to attend, I won't have any mead that I am currently working on ready, it's still in it's fermenting stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisk Jaegaren View Post
    I'd like to attend, I won't have any mead that I am currently working on ready, it's still in it's fermenting stages.
    All are welcome! I'm not sure if my Blackberry will be fully ready, but I plan on bringing a bottle (been in the bottle for about 2 months now).

Hopefully this will be the first of many get togethers
    " ...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. " -TheFlyingBeer (on HomeBrewTalk)

I'm in and have arranged for a ride so I'm good to go and ready for many samples. My girlfriend is having some friends over Saturday night. I may have a bit of a hangover. I apologize in advance. I'll bring a bottle of blueberry mead and a couple others. Any chance we can get Kuhnhenns mead maker to come? I met him at a tour of the brewery and he pulled out samples.

Should be a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by tuumi View Post
    I'll bring a bottle of blueberry mead and a couple others.
    Would this be the winning Blueberry Mead?

Quote Originally Posted by tuumi View Post
    Any chance we can get Kuhnhenns mead maker to come? I met him at a tour of the brewery and he pulled out samples.
    I'm meeting some friends up there later this week, so I'll talk to the guys and see if something might be able to get arranged

Wow great Idea, unfortunately that would be a bad weekend for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatshisface View Post
    Wow great Idea, unfortunately that would be a bad weekend for me.
    I think many of us are hoping this won't be a one and done type of thing and I doubt we'll all be able to make every one. Hopefully we can catch you next time.

I'll have to check the calendar, if it's open, I'll be there.

Well, unless someone says otherwise, I'll bring a couple of bottles along, some dry and some sweet. Worst case I can chauffer them back and to Warren, or maybe trade them or something

I'm finding myself looking more and more towards this as the days grow closer.

Be there if schedule allows.

I don't think I'll be able to make it but please keep me posted if there is another meet up is planned.

Quote Originally Posted by fathand View Post
    I don't think I'll be able to make it but please keep me posted if there is another meet up is planned.
    Will do, like I said hopefully we can get this to be a regular thing.

I'd love to go but already have plans in 4/29. We're having a fundraiser to support our neighborhood association. Definitely want to meet at some point though!

I should be there, nothing odd has come up. Tall guy, wearing glasses, a black hat, and a blue and white Hawaiian shirt.

The schedule is clear, I will be there. Shaved head with a goatee, no idea what I'll be wearing. See you there.

Vandall

Shaved head and a trimmed beard. With the way the weather has been I expect to be in a gray hoodie.

Todd

I wish there were mazers in my area

Hope you all find each other and have a blast! (but not get too blasted)
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "Good grief! If someone wanted to murder you, all they would have to do is ship you a 55 gallon barrel of honey and watch you document working yourself to death!" - Vance G
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014

Are we still OK to bring our own?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast