• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Detroit area Mead and Greet

Barrel Char Wood Products

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
We've been talking about it for a months know and many of us said that the end of April would be a GOOD TIME to get together at Kuhnhenn's so how about Sunday April 29th around 5pm? They are not very busy on Sundays so they might let us sample some of our own meads and 5 is early enough that we could spend a couple hours getting to know one another and still have plenty of time to get back home and get some sleep for work the next day.

Any Input from the Detroit contingent?

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
I'd like to attend, I won't have any mead that I am currently working on ready, it's still in it's fermenting stages.

All are welcome! I'm not sure if my Blackberry will be fully ready, but I plan on bringing a bottle (been in the bottle for about 2 months now).

Hopefully this will be the first of many get togethers :D

tuumi

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 15, 2010
Detroit burbs or up north
I'm in and have arranged for a ride so I'm good to go and ready for many samples. My girlfriend is having some friends over Saturday night. I may have a bit of a hangover. I apologize in advance. I'll bring a bottle of blueberry mead and a couple others. Any chance we can get Kuhnhenns mead maker to come? I met him at a tour of the brewery and he pulled out samples.

Should be a good time.

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
I'll bring a bottle of blueberry mead and a couple others.

Would this be the winning Blueberry Mead?

Any chance we can get Kuhnhenns mead maker to come? I met him at a tour of the brewery and he pulled out samples.

I'm meeting some friends up there later this week, so I'll talk to the guys and see if something might be able to get arranged

skunkboy

NewBee
Registered Member
May 30, 2005
Between Jackson and Detroit
Well, unless someone says otherwise, I'll bring a couple of bottles along, some dry and some sweet. Worst case I can chauffer them back and to Warren, or maybe trade them or something ;)

New2mead

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 29, 2012
Lansing, MI
I'd love to go but already have plans in 4/29. We're having a fundraiser to support our neighborhood association. Definitely want to meet at some point though!

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
I wish there were mazers in my area :(

Hope you all find each other and have a blast! (but not get too blasted)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns