• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Suggestions for my next batch of mead

Barrel Char Wood Products

Wijnand

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 17, 2012
Madrid, Spain
Well, unless you've got any problems with your water (i.e. either too hard or too soft), I'd say neither... I've done mine with good old tap water -- I think (but I could be wrong) that a lot of people here do the same.
I use bottled water for 2 reasons, first there is a lot of chlorine in the water here and second, I don't like the taste of the tap water here. Hmm, I guess there is a third: bottled water costs about nothing, I think I paid 60 cents for a 5L (~1.5 gallon) bottle.

As for honey, Spain seems to be a good place too. I've been to a couple of artisinal shops and good honey seems to go for about €6 per kilo (a lil under 3 per pound). :D I just bought some small jars to try out some flavors. Lavender, Orange blossom, Rosemary, Thyme and "forest" honeys seem quite popular and affordable here.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns