• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Goodbye World!

Barrel Char Wood Products

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Well ok, that's probably over-dramatic. But we are moving across the country and we're sitting in an apartment empty off all stuff except a suitcase and two cats. It's a bit depressing to look at.

Super, super sad about leaving the Bay Area! New York better be as cool as we think it is.

Godspeed to Rex, our moving truck driver guy. See you all again from the East Coast!!!

Penguinetti

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2011
Eliot, ME
I like cats, (must not to mention bbq sauce).

You remind me of someone I used to know:
Cat_sandwich.jpg

Safe travels!

(I just hope you're prepared for the cold...)

I tell you what, when I was in Monterey Bay, it was pretty damn cold. I don't know if there's snow over there or anything, but it was definitely cold.

Super, super sad about leaving the Bay Area! New York better be as cool as we think it is...

New York is definitely as cool as you think it is, if not cooler!

Also, welcome to the coast of AWESOME!

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Personally I've decided that I'd rather burn all my stuff where it sits rather than move it again (my stock of mead excluded). Good luck with the relocation. Where in the Empire State are you settling?

This thought ran through our minds more than once.

And two of our four non-cat bags for our airplane consisted of mead. ;D

The cats went into their little bags and just loved the plane ride. And in the morning they get stuffed back into the bags to drive to Ithaca.

And guess what! A Noreaster is bringing snow. Just super.

Altricious

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 4, 2012
Glens Falls, NY
And guess what! A Noreaster is bringing snow. Just super.

That's what you get in Ithaca. You're in the snow belt. You will get most of the lake effect AND most of the normal snow too. And this time of year? Forget it. One day it's summer, and the next it's winter.

Penguinetti

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2011
Eliot, ME
That's what you get in Ithaca. You're in the snow belt. You will get most of the lake effect AND most of the normal snow too. And this time of year? Forget it. One day it's summer, and the next it's winter.

TRUUF!

I visited a buddy out that way once. The amount of snow made all other snow days I had that year in Rhode Island (and CT) seem mild by comparison.

If you live in Ithica, you better love the snow.

I said LOVE IT!!!

Altricious

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 4, 2012
Glens Falls, NY
TRUUF!

I visited a buddy out that way once. The amount of snow made all other snow days I had that year in Rhode Island (and CT) seem mild by comparison.

If you live in Ithica, you better love the snow.

I said LOVE IT!!!

Yeah, I went to college in Alfred which is about an hour and a half west of there. I got four years of that same deal. You couldn't pay me to move back.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns