• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

What kind of mead says, "I hate you"?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Echostatic

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 5, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Industrial mead. Here's the ingredients!

b1b86b54.jpg

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
And women like that are why the government feels like they need to parent my kid for me. I'm sorry, but if you get 10 different sets of parents in a room, you are going to find 10 different theories on parenting and 10 different levels of comfort with content. then if each set of parents had 2 kids, you are going to have 20 different personalities that can handle different levels of content. There is no "one size fits all" gauge of what is appropriate for all children! Let me parent my child and I won't tell you how to parent yours. (I don't know if it's available online, but Stephen King has a great essay about this very thing where he talks about how, for one of his children, Bambi was scarier than any movie based on his books.)

Each kid is different too, my brother used to watch horror movies with my dad where at that same age, looking at pictures (and I mean drawings, not photographs) of animals baring their teeth would give me nightmares... what's good/appropriate for one kid may be totally wrong for another. And I'm glad I never saw Bambi as a young child or I'd have been scarred for life. Grimm's fairy tales were bad enough once I was old enough to read them myself, although thankfully by that point I was over the nightmares thing.

And rabbits are lagomorphs, so maybe it would be a lagomel?

Altricious

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 4, 2012
Glens Falls, NY

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oi! Stay on the correct side of that line or the mods will rightfully stomp us.

Ahem... yeah, it is gettin' kind of close, even for the Hive.

Time for a disclaimer: Neither Gotmead nor anyone participating in this thread to the knowledge of Gotmead actually endorses attempts to make mead with any of the ingredients listed in this thread. Do not try any of these at home.... :p

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns