• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

What kind of mead says, "I hate you"?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
I mentioned this thread to friends who were over last night (we got devoured playing Arkham Horror), and one of them suggested "Ketchup!" and the other, "That concentrate for Mc Donald's Orange drink"... My husband looked up and me and said, "Squirrel."

Then I got to thinking, a teriyaki mead would probably be tasty but you'd never get me to try French's Mustard mead :puke:...

And then it hit me... Piscamel...

BrewinNColorado

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jan 4, 2008
Boulder County, Colorado

And then it hit me... Piscamel...

+1 for piscamel

I would do a traditional and use fish tank water.

I've had a horseradish mead, it was ok; You lose a lot of the heat from the horseradish.

I would say a horseradish/hot pepper/garlic with fish water.

I do have to ask, and I'm surprised it hasn't already been asked.... what brought this about? Are we all co-conspirators to some dastardly plan you have?

ChadK

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 16, 2012
Commerce City, CO
I do have to ask, and I'm surprised it hasn't already been asked.... what brought this about? Are we all co-conspirators to some dastardly plan you have?

It spun off of a comment made in this thread

I'm a little disappointed in you, TAKeyser. A question like that falls under the "When someone asks you if you're a god, you say 'YES!'" heading.

And I had to look up piscamel. :shudder:

Altricious

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 4, 2012
Glens Falls, NY
It spun off of a comment made in this thread

Well, if you're going all the way to poop mead, then I recommend using rabbit poop. Just the nice hard ones. They're easy to handle and full of vitamins. I suspect it wouldn't even be harmful to drink, just earthy gross.

You could call it Lepusumel or any poop mead could be Copromel.

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
I'm a little disappointed in you, TAKeyser. A question like that falls under the "When someone asks you if you're a god, you say 'YES!'" heading.

Usually, but I had to spread the word of the over-reaching of Government power to control the alcohol that I can drink (seeing that we have a free-market economy I should be allowed to go to the market and freely choose what I drink even if the bottle says a "naughty" word and everyone else should keep their children out of the liquor store)

ChadK

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 16, 2012
Commerce City, CO
Usually, but I had to spread the word of the over-reaching of Government power to control the alcohol that I can drink (seeing that we have a free-market economy I should be allowed to go to the market and freely choose what I drink even if the bottle says a "naughty" word and everyone else should keep their children out of the liquor store)

Well, I know when my son was younger, my choice was get berated as a bad father for leaving him in the car or get berated as a bad father for bringing him in with me. I chose the latter. But of course, I don't get my knickers in a twist over the occasional "bad word." (he's heard worse from my mouth)

Meadrol

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 17, 2012
Lubbock, Texas
All of the poop suggestions fall under my original idea of Tastes Like Ass Braggot; I love it! Instead of rabbit poo, though, I'd have to go with either dog poop or cow patties to really get a huge nose right up front.

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
But of course, I don't get my knickers in a twist over the occasional "bad word." (he's heard worse from my mouth)

but there's the difference, you understand that something in that store may not be inappropriate for a little one.

Last movie I actually went to see in the theater was the remake of Halloween and on the way out there was a mom with her son, who was 10 at the most complaining how the movie wasn't appropriate for her son. No shit lady that was why it was rated R. Some adults have no common sense and the rest of us shouldn't be penalized for the stupidity of others.

Don't mess with my Alcohol!!! (sorry the original news article was the banning or a delicious Michigan made beer, which pissed me off and then someone linked to a story of Michigan banning a beer from Flying Dog and I like the Flying Dog beers that I've tried so that pissed me off)

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
All of the poop suggestions fall under my original idea of Tastes Like Ass Braggot; I love it! Instead of rabbit poo, though, I'd have to go with either dog poop or cow patties to really get a huge nose right up front.

Yeah but than they wouldn't try it. You have to be deceptive with it ;D

ChadK

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 16, 2012
Commerce City, CO
but there's the difference, you understand that something in that store may not be inappropriate for a little one.

Last movie I actually went to see in the theater was the remake of Halloween and on the way out there was a mom with her son, who was 10 at the most complaining how the movie wasn't appropriate for her son. No shit lady that was why it was rated R. Some adults have no common sense and the rest of us shouldn't be penalized for the stupidity of others.

And women like that are why the government feels like they need to parent my kid for me. I'm sorry, but if you get 10 different sets of parents in a room, you are going to find 10 different theories on parenting and 10 different levels of comfort with content. then if each set of parents had 2 kids, you are going to have 20 different personalities that can handle different levels of content. There is no "one size fits all" gauge of what is appropriate for all children! Let me parent my child and I won't tell you how to parent yours. (I don't know if it's available online, but Stephen King has a great essay about this very thing where he talks about how, for one of his children, Bambi was scarier than any movie based on his books.)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns