Thread: Midwinter Homebrew contest in Milwaukee Wisconsin

Default Midwinter Homebrew contest in Milwaukee Wisconsin

If you are interested in entering your mead in a compition, the Midwinter Homebrew contest is open for entries in Milwaukee Wisconsin. If you volunteer to steward or judge, the Saturday speaker is Micheal Fairbrother from Moonlight Meadery.

http://midwinterhbc.beerbarons.org/
    - Jeff

Wow, right in my front yard. I will have to check this out. thanks for the link!

3. Lightbulb Midwinter Competition Specifics

Please allow me to elaborate on the details. I should also point out that we have (as of this posting) 7 BJCP Mead Judges and one Professional Mead Maker signed up to Judge.

Hello fellow Home Brewers!

The Beer Barons of Milwaukee are very pleased to announce the fourth annual Midwinter Home Brew Competition will be taking place on February 15th and 16th, 2013. This competition is held in conjunction with the 16th annual Midwinter Brew Fest at the Milwaukee Ale House, and is a circuit qualifying event for both the Master Championship of Amateur Brewers (MCAB) and the Midwest Home Brewer of the Year. The competition will be limited to 800 entries.

Participant, judging, and steward registration for the competition will be coordinated through the web site at http://midwinterhbc.beerbarons.org. Entries will be accepted December 29th through February 2nd at 11 different locations in WI, IL, & MN. Shipped entries should be sent to Northern Brewer in West Allis, WI. Please refer to the web site for drop off location cut off dates and addresses.

1st, 2nd, & 3rd place awards will be issued for each category. Each award will consist of a medal and a gift certificate to Northern Brewer (Gold - $25, Silver - $15, Bronze - $10). Beer Best of Show, Beer Best of Show Runner-Up, and Mead / Cider Best of Show will receive engraved barrel head awards. Also, one of the winning Brown Ale entries (BJCP categories 10C, 11B, or 11C) will be chosen to be ramped up by the Milwaukee Brewing Company for serving at the Milwaukee Ale House.

Awards will be announced and presented to participants at Revere’s Wells Street Tavern on February 16th at 8:00 PM central time. Results will be posted to the competition website shortly after the conclusion of the awards ceremony.

Additional details can be found on the competition web site, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages. Information regarding judging and stewarding opportunities will be posted shortly. Please pass this information on to your fellow home brewing friends and direct any inquiries to the Contact page on the registration page at http://midwinterhbc.beerbarons.org/i...ection=contact

Thanks and best of luck to all that enter!
    Prosit, Sláinte, Salute, Na Zdravi, Cheers! - Bruce Buerger
    Coordinator - German Fest & Midwinter Homebrew Competitions
    Beer Barons of Milwaukee - beerbarons.org & worldofbeerfestival.com