• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mazer Cup 2014

Barrel Char Wood Products

Medsen Fey

Fuselier since 2007
Premium Patron
FWIW, oldies apparently were goodies at this year's Mazer Cup. Remember a certain spin on the old Apple Butter Cyser I did back a few years (well, way back about 7 years ago)?

For those of you relatively new to the GotMead forum, it is this recipe: http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showth...-Recipe-Group-Brew-wayneb?p=100576#post100576

Wow. An oldie but a goodie.
That Brewlog is like a master course in high gravity fermentation.

sent from my THINGAMABOB with WHATCHAMACALLIT

paraordnance

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 16, 2011
I won!!! Unreal... I just don't understand how many medals I won. One of my entries (sour cherry) listed as first in two categories (253 and 254). Does that mean 2 medals?? Also, my strawberry got silver in - 256 Berry Melomel, Dry.

Seth8530

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 23, 2011
Looks like you did great and congrats on the medal! It might be a mistake though since their appears to be a duplication in the two catagories.

Gold Thomas Repas Cabernet Pyment None
Silver Yancy Bodenstein The Grape Escape BURP
Bronze Ben Backlund Gewurztraminer Pyment None

253 - OTHER FRUIT MELOMEL, DRY
Medal Mead Maker(s) Mead Name Club
Gold Ivan Kozoletov Sour cherry None
Silver Yancy Bodenstein The Grape Escape BURP
Bronze Ben Backlund Gewurztraminer Pyment None

paraordnance

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 16, 2011
Congratulations. Clearly you have a way with fruit. (Though you should submit a mead to only one category).

I hope you will post up a meadlog or recipe thread so others can learn from you.

Sent from my THINGAMAJIG with WHATCHAMACALLIT

That's what I did, I submitted my sour cherry melomel to only 1 category (Melomel Dry, Other) and only sent 3 bottles of it. I'm not sure why and how this melomel ended up in two categories simultaneously. FG was 1.008 so I considered it as dry.

cam07ds

Mazer Cup International Staff
Registered Member
Sep 2, 2008
Parker, CO
Congratulations everyone! It was a fun year. Sorry its been so long for a post but life got in the way for a while. And now its almost time to brew. (for me anyway)

Steve

paraordnance

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 16, 2011
I got the score sheets but what about the Mazer Cups for the winners? :confused: I was really hoping to get these nice little Mazer Cups in a mail as well :( I saw them at award ceremony when they called my name... Does anybody know if they will be mailed out?

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
Pic? Would love to see one!

Sent from my galafreyan transdimensional communicator 100 years from now. G

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I got the score sheets but what about the Mazer Cups for the winners? :confused: I was really hoping to get these nice little Mazer Cups in a mail as well :( I saw them at award ceremony when they called my name... Does anybody know if they will be mailed out?

Please send inquiries to info@mazercup.com. Vicky is on the Executive Board of The Mazer Cup International, Inc, however our commercial and home registrars will be able to answer your questions.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns