Thread: It might finally be spring!

Default It might finally be spring!

Warm weather this week in Western PA, the bees are flying and bringing in pollen.

photo(3).jpg

Lucky one !

Here in Portugal we have rain and rain and yes, rain again . Bad weather for almost four month. Hives are very short in food and many beekeepers must feed them to keep them alive.

Emmeloord, Netherlands formerly Chicago area

Things have been mild and not as rainy here in Netherlands. Am seeing honey bees and bumble bees out and about.

Sent from the Nexus of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy which has been infected with Vogon poetry, some of which leaked out here.
    Don't Panic!

From Portugal to Poland, on a perpetual pursuit for more honey.....

Issues unique to the Netherlands at
    http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthr...880#post222880

Here in Northern Ireland the temperature has just taken a leap upwards. Yesterday was 17 degrees according to my car - t-shirt weather. While great to see, cold crashing in the garage is only a distant memory now ....

Emmeloord, Netherlands formerly Chicago area

I know what you mean, as i am cold crashing a traditional that has been nothing but problems.....like my 2nd ever batch, which i called Drunken Wench. Methinks this batch will be Drunken Wench 2 . PITA.

Sent from Arthur Dent's towel smothering a volume of Vogon poetry, some of which just leaked out.
    Don't Panic!

From Portugal to Poland, on a perpetual pursuit for more honey.....

Issues unique to the Netherlands at
    http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthr...880#post222880

Last night out of my big south window, I saw a mourning dove taking up residence in a blue spruce. Those thinned skinned birds leave early and come back late. With that siting I now have faith that the hard frozen ground in the shade behind my house may indeed melt this year! We may escape permafrost another year. The childrens stories about warming seem pretty distant after this winter. After the last three for that matter which have been brutal. My Koi pond has been in for over twenty years and had the most ice depth ever last year and this one.
    Mac An Breatannuich

Up here we really needed a wicked cold winter to stop the pine beetle. It's already ravaged B.C. and was moving over the Rockies into Alberta and hopefully the extended, extreme cold has killed them off.
    Duct Tape Is Like The Force, It Has A Light Side, A Dark Side, And It Holds The World Together