Thread: Solitary Pollen Bee Nest

Emmeloord, Netherlands formerly Chicago area

Default Solitary Pollen Bee Nest

I am not a beekeeper, but this looks like an interesting idea. What do you bee experts think?
    http://www.stokeseeds.com/product.as...checkCookies=1
    Don't Panic!

From Portugal to Poland, on a perpetual pursuit for more honey.....

Issues unique to the Netherlands at
    http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthr...880#post222880

I am a beekeeper and I'd say the only thing that is good for could be the leaf cutter bee. Although i couldn't see a large image of it.
    Wild pollinators do just fine finding places to create nests or a hive. If you want to help them, don't destroy those nests or hives.

This thing seems to me like a gimmic to sell people a product who are trying to support bees because of the trending popularity that is "saving the bees". It also gives a good opportunity for people to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezter View Post
    I am a beekeeper and I'd say the only thing that is good for could be the leaf cutter bee. Although i couldn't see a large image of it.
    Wild pollinators do just fine finding places to create nests or a hive. If you want to help them, don't destroy those nests or hives.

This thing seems to me like a gimmic to sell people a product who are trying to support bees because of the trending popularity that is "saving the bees". It also gives a good opportunity for people to make money.
    Well, I'm no expert and haven't seen these ones before, but I've seen something similar but it was a bundle of bamboo tubes wired or molded together. For exactly the same purpose......

So whether they work, I don't know. Whether its a more expensive version of what I've seen etc and just a harder sell for a higher price ? Dunno....
    here's me home brewing blog (if anyones interested....)
    and don't forget
    What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away! Tom Waits.....