• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Questions about the new forum

Barrel Char Wood Products

TheAlchemist

I am Meadlemania
GotMead Patron
Sep 9, 2010
near a lake
Hi All,
I've missed you.
Some things I can't get to work about the new forum.
I used to have the subtitle "I am Meadlemania" over the forum patron button.
Now it just says Got Mead? Patron. How do I get my old subtitle back?
Also, let's pretend some spammer starts a thread(heaven forbid).
Used to be I could click at the top right of the post to alert the mods to the spam.
How do I do that now?
And used to be I could (kinda) "like" a post with the "scales of justice" at the top right of a post.
Can't figure out how to do that now, either.
Please help.

Reactions: mannye

Stasis

Honey Master
Registered Member
Jan 10, 2014
Malta
Reporting and liking a post are now at the bottom left of the post. There is a star and a warning triangle. I don;t know about adding the subtitle since I'm not yet a patron ;)

Reactions: TheAlchemist

fatbloke

good egg/snappy dresser.....
GotMead Patron
Stasis has the general bits snagged right, plus the profile text is in the usercp - and presuming your patron membership is current you should be able to uncheck the default option and just add or correct it to what you want.....

like I did i.e. read this, changed my profe text from "general idiot" to "good egg/snappy dresser", updated my profile, then "backed" to here, posted the first para to check my change was displaying, then edited to add this last bit.......

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
Stasis has the general bits snagged right, plus the profile text is in the usercp - and presuming your patron membership is current you should be able to uncheck the default option and just add or correct it to what you want.....

like I did i.e. read this, changed my profe text from "general idiot" to "good egg/snappy dresser", updated my profile, then "backed" to here, posted the first para to check my change was displaying, then edited to add this last bit.......
I found your avatar comic strip! So funny!

Sent from my galafreyan transdimensional communicator 100 years from now. G

Riverat

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Hi All,
I've missed you.
Some things I can't get to work about the new forum.
I used to have the subtitle "I am Meadlemania" over the forum patron button.
Now it just says Got Mead? Patron. How do I get my old subtitle back?
Also, let's pretend some spammer starts a thread(heaven forbid).
Used to be I could click at the top right of the post to alert the mods to the spam.
How do I do that now?
And used to be I could (kinda) "like" a post with the "scales of justice" at the top right of a post.
Can't figure out how to do that now, either.
Please help.
And good to have you back!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns