• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Time Lapse Ferment Film!

Barrel Char Wood Products

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
If anyone has ever wondered what a ferment looks like when it first gets going, stay tuned to this thread.

Going to set up a time lapse camera to record a one gallon OB BOMM ferment and post the resulting video here! Should be fun!

Sent from my galafreyan transdimensional communicator 100 years from now. G

Reactions: TheAlchemist

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
Haha! I will need to do a time lapse of me doing a time lapse. Just as soon as I get this current batch into secondary (a week or so) then I will be ready to start a one gallon. It's glass so it will be easy to see all the action.

Brewser

NewBee
Registered Member
May 15, 2014
Wisconsin.
Haha! I will need to do a time lapse of me doing a time lapse. Just as soon as I get this current batch into secondary (a week or so) then I will be ready to start a one gallon. It's glass so it will be easy to see all the action.
Can't wait!

moridin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 12, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
I quit my job just to stare at my mead all day. Nbd.

Just kidding. Looking forward to this!

Sent from The Age of Legends, trapped inside a Stasis Box

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
I like mead (especially JAO) when it's at that lava-lamp stage... can't wait for the video! I've got the time and patience but not the equipment. :p

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
Soon as I get back in town (in 7 days) I have it scheduled. I can't wait to see what happens when we leave our carboys alone!

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
I'm betting they make mead?

<ducks and runs away>

Aha haha. I call you killer because you slay me. Lol.

You're gonna eat crow when I capture the honey fairies replacing the must with mead.

And g-night. No, I'm going to set it up when I get back. I still have all my one gallon carboys occupied. But when I get back I'll have two ready to bottle (that means drink) and I should be able to set up the camera then. I expect it to be just three or 4 days afterwards to be done.

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
Lol. 2 fairies 1 cup. Hahahahahahahaha

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
it's not coming this weekend. I finally got the cabinet installed for the glycol system in the TARDIS and the installer needs me to have the keezers ready and waiting by Thursday plus all the cleaning of the attic where the glycol cooler goes. Soon!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns