Thread: Mead in Philadelphia?

Default Mead in Philadelphia?

Hello,
    I've just joined this site and am about to embark on my first meadmaking adventure (with a recipe from Schramm's Compleat Meadmaker or JAOM), so I will definitely be posting some meadmaking questions soon.
    For the present moment though, I am just trying to find some mead to buy in Philadelphia. My online searches haven't yielded much. Does anyone know of anywhere in Philly (bar, distributor, or homebrewer) where I can get some reasonably decent mead?
    Thanks for any help,
    Sam

Is try ordering from Ken Schramm himself, b nektar or one of the other folks on here who has started a meadery that mail orders.
    Being an Aussie, I don't really know where Philli is, but Ken's in Michigan, and so are brad and Kerry from b nektar.
    Ferndale I think.
    Mae'r teithiau golau ceffyl eto

Default Mead in Philadelphia?

Searching for "Philadelphia meadery"
    I found
    Di Francesco, Stonekeep, and Moonlight Meaderies.
    I've heard of moonlight on this forum before. Suggest you start there?
    Mae'r teithiau golau ceffyl eto

Thanks for your replies,
    Unfortunately, the places you mentioned are either under construction, or not in Philadelphia (I've had mead from Stonekeep before, which is about an hour or so away). Seems like my best options short of making it myself are to order some bottles or drive over to an NJ liquor outlet.
    Thanks again,
    Sam

Laurel Highlands Meadery ships to Philly!