Thread: 2015 Mazer Cup International entries are rolling in

Default 2015 Mazer Cup International entries are rolling in

The Mazer Cup International Mead Competition will be held on March 20 & 21, 2015
    in our new location at the Omni Interlocken Hotel, Broomfield, Colorado

The Mazer Cup International Home Crafted Mead is a BJCP & AHA sanctioned mead-only competition.
    Take a shot at winning a hand-crafted mazer for first, second and third place winners in each category!

How do I enter?

Click here to enter.
    Entry fees are$10.00 and all entries must be made online.
    No paper entries will be accepted.
    The Home Crafted Mead Competition judging is Saturday, March 21, 2015

Don't Miss Out!
    Visit the Mazer Cup International Mead Competition Website here for more information.

Add us as a Facebook friend here
    Follow us on Twitter here

Attached Images Attached Images
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

How many bottles do you need to send per entry? What size do the bottles need to be? Should they have labels or be completely unmarked? The web site you linked to here doesn't have any of this information, and if there is a standard answer for these questions I don't know what it is. Does the information only get sent once you register? Once you pay? If you have any influence over the Mazer Cup web site it would be nice if you could get it changed to include this basic information.

Quote Originally Posted by kuri View Post
    How many bottles do you need to send per entry? What size do the bottles need to be? Should they have labels or be completely unmarked? The web site you linked to here doesn't have any of this information, and if there is a standard answer for these questions I don't know what it is. Does the information only get sent once you register? Once you pay? If you have any influence over the Mazer Cup web site it would be nice if you could get it changed to include this basic information.
    OK, you need to follow the link to the website, and click the link in the right-hand column that says HOME COMPETITION.

Everything you asked for is there, it just takes a little effort to follow the links and read the content.

Oskaar

Thanks, Oskaar. I see that I was looking at the wrong page. I only clicked the "click here to enter" link, and not finding everything I was expecting to find there didn't think to go back and look for another link, which of course was in front of my nose the whole time. My bad.

No worries. Glad we were able to sort it out!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Quote Originally Posted by Oskaar View Post
    No worries. Glad we were able to sort it out!

Cheers,

Oskaar
    Hi Oskaar. I wanted to volunteer but I have not heard back from anyone yet. Thoughts?
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

Hi Squatchy,

I didn't see if you filled out the volunteer form, and what kind of volunteer (judge, steward, general volunteer, etc.) spot you would like to help with. Right now I can tell you that we would like qualified judges (BJCP, or a good amount of experience in mead judging). Most of our judges and stewards are invited because they have been volunteering with the competition for the better part of 6 years and know how we operate. That doesn't mean we don't choose additional people, just that we have a known quantity as core of our volunteer staff. If you have not filled out the volunteer form, please do so. You may rest assured that we don't toss the information from year to year. It's always a good idea to update your experience each year as well, especially if you do any judging in the meantime. Don't worry if you haven't heard anything, we haven't notified volunteers yet, but will soon.

Oskaar

Greetings!

I was thinking about sending a couple of meads to the competition, but I have no idea yet how hard it is to do that.
    Does anyone know how I can send bottles of homemade alcohol from Europe to the US? Is there even a legal way of doing that? Will I risk losing the bottles in customs? Maybe there is some logistics company that does this?
    So far I could only find some indications for companies (paperwork needed, taxes and so on).

Opps.... Looks like they are filled up. I knew I shouldn't have waited so long.