• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

2015 Mazer Cup International entries are rolling in

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
The Mazer Cup International Home Crafterd Mead Competition

The Mazer Cup International Mead Competition will be held on March 20 & 21, 2015
in our new location at the Omni Interlocken Hotel, Broomfield, Colorado

The Mazer Cup International Home Crafted Mead is a BJCP & AHA sanctioned mead-only competition.
Take a shot at winning a hand-crafted mazer for first, second and third place winners in each category!

How do I enter?

Click here to enter.
Entry fees are$10.00 and all entries must be made online.
No paper entries will be accepted.
The Home Crafted Mead Competition judging is Saturday, March 21, 2015

Don't Miss Out!
Visit the Mazer Cup International Mead Competition Website here for more information.

Add us as a Facebook friend here
Follow us on Twitter here

Attachments

• MCIMC_2015_home_comp_masthead.jpg
    MCIMC_2015_home_comp_masthead.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 18

kuri

NewBee
Registered Member
May 5, 2013
Japan
How many bottles do you need to send per entry? What size do the bottles need to be? Should they have labels or be completely unmarked? The web site you linked to here doesn't have any of this information, and if there is a standard answer for these questions I don't know what it is. Does the information only get sent once you register? Once you pay? If you have any influence over the Mazer Cup web site it would be nice if you could get it changed to include this basic information.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
How many bottles do you need to send per entry? What size do the bottles need to be? Should they have labels or be completely unmarked? The web site you linked to here doesn't have any of this information, and if there is a standard answer for these questions I don't know what it is. Does the information only get sent once you register? Once you pay? If you have any influence over the Mazer Cup web site it would be nice if you could get it changed to include this basic information.

OK, you need to follow the link to the website, and click the link in the right-hand column that says HOME COMPETITION.

Everything you asked for is there, it just takes a little effort to follow the links and read the content.

Oskaar

kuri

NewBee
Registered Member
May 5, 2013
Japan
Thanks, Oskaar. I see that I was looking at the wrong page. I only clicked the "click here to enter" link, and not finding everything I was expecting to find there didn't think to go back and look for another link, which of course was in front of my nose the whole time. My bad.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hi Squatchy,

I didn't see if you filled out the volunteer form, and what kind of volunteer (judge, steward, general volunteer, etc.) spot you would like to help with. Right now I can tell you that we would like qualified judges (BJCP, or a good amount of experience in mead judging). Most of our judges and stewards are invited because they have been volunteering with the competition for the better part of 6 years and know how we operate. That doesn't mean we don't choose additional people, just that we have a known quantity as core of our volunteer staff. If you have not filled out the volunteer form, please do so. You may rest assured that we don't toss the information from year to year. It's always a good idea to update your experience each year as well, especially if you do any judging in the meantime. Don't worry if you haven't heard anything, we haven't notified volunteers yet, but will soon.

Oskaar

MrRogers

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Greetings!

I was thinking about sending a couple of meads to the competition, but I have no idea yet how hard it is to do that.
Does anyone know how I can send bottles of homemade alcohol from Europe to the US? Is there even a legal way of doing that? Will I risk losing the bottles in customs? Maybe there is some logistics company that does this?
So far I could only find some indications for companies (paperwork needed, taxes and so on).

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns