• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mazer Cup 2015 Results are up

Barrel Char Wood Products

ScottBehrens

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Aug 26, 2012
Vero Beach, FL
Very very humbling when surrounded by such a great group of mazers that have passed on their knowledge and experience so freely. Thank you.

danr

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Aug 2, 2012
San Diego, CA
My first ever entry, a Tupelo Honey Traditional, came in 3rd place in the 24B Semi-Sweet Mead category. I was just looking for some feedback, so I was really surprised to see my name on the list. It was only the second mead that I made and the last one that I have bottled. I have a few carboys aging in the closet that I am looking forward to tasting sometime this spring; hopefully one is worthy of entering next year.

I have been really busy with work, but before the summer heat I want to start a few more batches. Now I think that I may make another batch of the Tupelo mead. I will also post a mead log for my Mazer Cup entry. I think there are a few posts regarding my trials and tribulations, but not a thread with the entire process.

Dan

Seth8530

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 23, 2011
I am not around that much anymore but my dry mead took 2nd. I must give some credit to this forum since I learned a LOT about mead making from here.

bernardsmith

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Sep 1, 2013
Saratoga Springs , NY
Congratulations to every winner. And to those who have won several medals and those who won this year and last year, a very special congratulations. Once might be a fluke but more than once? That says something else.. :hello2:

StuckTiger11

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jan 18, 2013
Kansas City, MO
My Traditional sweet clover mead took 3rd place! First submission! Thank you to all GotMeaders for help and advice.

"Wine gives a man nothing, it only frees up what was locked in frost."

Guinlilly

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 17, 2011
Seaford, DE
Hubby(Brimminghorn) took silver in Semi-sweet other with Ancient Kemet - an egyptian inspired mead and honorable mention in cyser with his Fuji Apple Cyser.

danr

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Aug 2, 2012
San Diego, CA
Congratulations Dan!
Do you have a brewlog or recipe posted up?

Here you go: LINK

Unfortunately, since this was only my second mead, the log is not great. I did find a few threads that I started at the time soliciting help with my various challenges. Reading through them reminds me how much help I received along the way - thanks everyone - and makes me realize I do not think that I would want to duplicate the process exactly. I will chalk the third place finish up to good honey, good advice and aging (and maybe a limited of number of entries in the category?). I look forward to receiving my scoresheet.

Congratulations to all the GotMead winners. I think next year, all the GotMeaders that enter the Mazer Cup should list GotMead as their Club, like Wayne did.

Dan

ScottBehrens

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Aug 26, 2012
Vero Beach, FL
all the GotMeaders that enter the Mazer Cup should list GotMead as their Club

I found the entry form a little difficult. I selected GotMead, but when I went back in to review it auto-deselected GotMead and made the club affiliation blank. I entered it again but it didn't take. It also made you start over entering data except for category and judge comments. May be why so many entries appeared without a club.

MrRogers

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Congratulations to all winners!
It was the first time I participated, so I'm looking forward to get some useful feedback from the scoresheets.
I don't remember if I selected GotMead in the affiliation. But in general I was having some trouble with the form (some fields were blank each time I checked it after saving it).

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns