• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Is it OB time???

Barrel Char Wood Products

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
Last year there was very little Tupelo production. My local supplier told me they weren't able to get very much and the price, of course, went through the roof.

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

58limited

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
May 25, 2015
SE Texas
www.1958buickforum.net
Walker Honey in Rogers, Texas ( http://www.walkerhoneyfarm.com/ ) has OB for $45/gallon. You might call and see if it is a little cheaper in bulk, otherwise it would be $225/5 gallons. I previously bought OB from Crockett Honey ( http://crocketthoney.com/ ) in Arizona but I checked and their price went up quite a bit to $42.50/gallon.

Would love to find an economical source of tupelo honey, I haven't bought any in two years and the price jumped quite a bit (industry-wide, not just tupelo) over the past year.

EbonHawk

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 24, 2014
Dothan, AL, USA
My source for Tupelo had a sign up today saying it was temporarily out of stock and they didn't know when it would be available... No prices posted either.

I did pick up 8lbs of OB at my grocery store the other day...it was finally back in stock after a few months out of stock. And I bought 6lbs of desert mesquite honey too.

Now, I just need to decide what I want to do with it. I got a couple of Madagascar vanilla beans at World Market and have a pack of dried elderberries I've been itching to try. Also, I am currently getting about a gallon bag full each week of fresh blueberries off our one bush that's still producing. The thing is a beast!

EbonHawk

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 24, 2014
Dothan, AL, USA
I got to try some blackberry honey!! Has anyone else tried this? The beekeeper who sells it in our area said as far as he knows, he's the only one in our area selling it. Not sure if that's accurate or not, but have no way of verifying it.

But, it's now my new favorite honey after dethroning OB. This stuff is amazing. And raw. It has a buttery, mildly sweet aroma with a hint of blackberry in it, but not a blackberry in-your-face taste. It's very subtle, but distinctive. Smooth, no after-tasting "sourness" like some honey has, whether the type or from processing. This stuff is amazingly good, and I didn't think OB would get knocked off its throne, ever.

$10 for 8 oz. Going to buy some more in a week or two.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns