Thread: Is there a new style for the forum?

Default Is there a new style for the forum?

I kind of hate it. But I guess I will get used to it. Did I accidentally change skin? It's all blue-grey and has blocks.

No, it must be new design, cos that's what I'm seeing too........
    here's me home brewing blog (if anyones interested....)
    and don't forget
    What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away! Tom Waits.....

I don't mind the look so much as the spacing, the forum entries are so wide I can only see a few without scrolling and then they show up in exactly the same place as the ones I was just looking at so I have to pay more attention when I scroll. <dramatically puts back of wrist to forehead> Whatever shall I do? ... get used to it, what else...
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014
    "I tend to....um, er, experiment, and go outside the box. Sometimes outside the whole department store." - Ebonhawk, 2014

My Social Networking

Add bmwr75 on Facebook

I am not crazy about it either. Lots of wasted space on the web page.

Simpler is better, this is distracting and the black writing in the dark blue hard to read, can we opt out WVMJ

Quote Originally Posted by WVMJack View Post
    Simpler is better, this is distracting and the black writing in the dark blue hard to read, can we opt out WVMJ
    Nope. But I suspect that's because of the "under construction" nature of the update at this point. Usually there are a couple, three skins to choose from.

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by WVMJack View Post
    You might want to try a different browser. My background is white with black printing in the forum and dark grayish blue with white printing on the headers and I can read it just fine. Different Browsers will render the same code in different ways. Especially if you are using an older version of some of them.

Cheers
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by bmwr75 View Post
    I am not crazy about it either. Lots of wasted space on the web page.
    I agree with you.
    Making Mead With TLC since 2010

To be fair, it's not like those pixels cost extra
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014
    "I tend to....um, er, experiment, and go outside the box. Sometimes outside the whole department store." - Ebonhawk, 2014

Not too bad
    Bees stole my signature file!

[ QUOTE=Chevette Girl;246391]To be fair, it's not like those pixels cost extra [/QUOTE]

I hate change? Yes? Perhaps.

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.