• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

What have you been....drinking?

Barrel Char Wood Products

EJM3

Honey Master
Registered Member
Nov 21, 2013
The Boozevarian Village of Leavenworth WA
Well, a few more worth mentioning have been felled by me:

Orval Trappist Ale
Six Knot High Desert Dry Cider
Ninkasi Sleigh'r Dark Double Alt Ale
Pfriem Belgian Style Dark Ale
Pfriem Belgian Style Christmas Ale
Pfriem Belgian Style Wit
Fire Stone Wooky Jack Black Rye IPA
Grizzly Ciderworks Woodlander Wit-Style Hard Cider

Friends contribution:

Elysian Immortal IPA

Love me some tasty brews & ciders too...

stephanie.palmatier

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 30, 2015
Adirondacks, NY
We opened up a bottle of Helderberg Meadworks' Apple Mead on xmas eve and finished it on xmas. It was quite good. I would say it was probably off-dry, as it wasn't very sweet, but I still liked it.

Clwurster

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Jan 15, 2015
Indiana
Just opened a 2 year old JOAM. Very nice. Honey flavor coming thru. Smooth. Flavors balanced out nicely. Hey papascout, where you at? I'm in Indiana also-south of Fort Wayne

mmclean

Honey Master
Registered Member
Jul 22, 2010
Tennessee Valley
I'm not really sure. I think it is some two year old spiced cyser. Anyway it taste great and has a bit of a kick. Happy new years!

EJM3

Honey Master
Registered Member
Nov 21, 2013
The Boozevarian Village of Leavenworth WA
Was gifted a bottle of Delirium Tremens over the holidays, decided to pop the cork after the crazed maniacs, I mean the tourists, left town.

Working wonders on my taste buds, three yeast combo from what I am reading.

Pretty close to taste Nirvana, the 8.5% ABV is really not that apparent, until you try to stand...

This is a real sip & savor, it's light, dry & with a slight tart finish.

Wonderful flavors from the grain shine through it all...

Price if I had bought one, well, I wouldn't have bought one, let's put it that way...

Although after tasting it I'd probably spring for one next year at holiday times, provided I can afford one!

Mazer828

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 9, 2015
Inland Empire
At the moment, some run-of-the-mill black orange pekoe tea, while I get some work done, and occasionally play hookie on GM.

As soon as all of that foolishness is over, I'll be moving on to a nice French Cabernet-Merlot I picked up from Trader Joe's. Viva la Resistance!

stephanie.palmatier

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 30, 2015
Adirondacks, NY
We finally got the shipment of fruit mead from Hidden Legend Winery about a week ago. I had ordered it for my husband for V-day, but the first attempt was damaged; they replaced it.

We opened up the Peach Mead a few days ago. I didn't taste much fruit flavor, but it was still a good mead. The peach was only 20% compared to 40% fruit in the other bottles. We've tried their Huckleberry Mead before when we went to Yellowstone and that was delicious.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns