Thread: Gotmead Live - comment

Default Gotmead Live - comment

Listened to the first program on Sound Cloud yesterday and thought that the program was really excellent. Loved listening to Ken Schramm and to Oskaar. I learnt a great deal from both. But I wonder... each program is 2 hours (plus) but given the nature of the material I wonder if it might not make some sense to cut the programs in half and produce them as 60 minute blocks.

Scheduling 60 minutes to listen attentively to material seems to me to be far easier than scheduling 120 minutes. If the content was merely "entertainment" then 2 hours may be wonderful but when the content requires active listening - for example, Oskaar's discussion on a better way to backsweeten by blending a sweeter and a less sweet mead of the same kind (or blending a less sweet mead with a sweeter mead of the same kind) was something I had never considered or his point about how some yeasts prefer greater and others less turbidity in the must and mead was yet another idea that struck me like a thunderbolt - While Ken Schramm's point about three fundamental wine flavors - raspberry, black-current and and cherry was also something I had not really considered before -and finding time to concentrate for two hours is not easy in most people's lives. Just a thought...

Whereas EST is like 5 or 6 hours behind me, so it'd be great to be able to download the shows as a podcast so I can listen in my own time - haven't looked yet, to see if that's available/possible..........
    here's me home brewing blog (if anyones interested....)
    and don't forget
    What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away! Tom Waits.....

My Social Networking

Follow JDWebb On Twitter Add JDWebb on Facebook

Hey bernardsmith, great points, however, rather than produce a "how to" or and audio book about mead, we definitely wanted to make it fun and entertaining as well. The joy of the whole program is, you can download it and listen later if you don't have time to listen live. One of the important factors of our show that we discussed during early production meetings is, we wanted to make it listener interactive. We have many ideas we're kicking around for other shows, one being considered is a 1 hour program dealing with one topic. Glad you like the show though!
    Started mead making in 2014.
    Home Brewing Biography: Home brewing? I have extensive knowledge and experience in home brewing. Most every cup of coffee I have ever drank was brewed at home. In a percolator coffee pot. Does anyone here even know what that is?

My Social Networking

Follow Mazer828 On Twitter Add Mazer828 on Facebook Add Mazer828 on Google+
    Visit Mazer828's Youtube Channel

Just a quick add on here JD, I've listened only to the first half of the podcasts so far but there are two sound issues I've noticed. One is that Vicky's volume comes in and out wildly at times, and is sometimes so low I can't hear her; then I turn up the volume and she comes back and blasts me out of the car! Lol. The other is a faint whistling sound that I would swear is a kid drinking from a sippy cup. Not sure what that is but it always comes in in the dead space between speakers. Just a couple of observations for what they're worth! Absolutely love the show and hope to join in when I feel worthy!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Then glory in battle to Hrothgar was given, waxing of war-fame, that willingly kinsmen obeyed his bidding, till the boys grew to manhood, a numerous band. It burned in his spirit to urge his folk to found a great building, a mead-hall grander than men of the era ever had heard of, and in it to share with young and old all of the blessings the Lord had allowed him, save life and retainers." - Beowulf

My Social Networking

Follow JDWebb On Twitter Add JDWebb on Facebook

Yep, we do have sound issues. Vicky's connection isn't the greatest at times, and sometimes it affects the audio source. Nothing I can do, her internet is very poor and we contact her on Skype via her phone.

Entertainment, thats what it's about, we try to provide information about the different aspects of mead making in an entertaining way. We are in the process of developing more shows, and getting ready to launch the GotMead Radio station where a calendar of programming will be available as well as live shows. Moreover, the shows are archived for your listening pleasure at any time.
    Started mead making in 2014.
    Home Brewing Biography: Home brewing? I have extensive knowledge and experience in home brewing. Most every cup of coffee I have ever drank was brewed at home. In a percolator coffee pot. Does anyone here even know what that is?

Mazer828 the sound quality improves drastically as the show progresses.
    JD and the team have been working really hard.
    If you look, you'll see these issues already listed above.
    WRT being in the car, I find dropping the bass as low as I can helps me to hear.
    Mae'r teithiau golau ceffyl eto

My Social Networking

Follow Mazer828 On Twitter Add Mazer828 on Facebook Add Mazer828 on Google+
    Visit Mazer828's Youtube Channel

I figured it would. They've really got a steep learning curve! I can only imagine. Just wanted to offer feedback in case it would help!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Then glory in battle to Hrothgar was given, waxing of war-fame, that willingly kinsmen obeyed his bidding, till the boys grew to manhood, a numerous band. It burned in his spirit to urge his folk to found a great building, a mead-hall grander than men of the era ever had heard of, and in it to share with young and old all of the blessings the Lord had allowed him, save life and retainers." - Beowulf