Thread: Heaven is made of vinyl.

Default Heaven is made of vinyl.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440820630.137880.jpg

Holy cow. This new setup is amazing. My 15 year old turntable sounds like a five thousand dollar VPI. Sting is HERE singing in the TARDIS!

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

Hum ? well I too, have always preferred the brighter, more forward sounds obtained from vinyl. Despite the crackles and pops from the static and dust.......

But we don't have the space for a turntable, let alone decent amps and speakers..........
    here's me home brewing blog (if anyones interested....)
    and don't forget
    What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away! Tom Waits.....

My problem is where to store all the records. Space needed for equipment is dwarfed by "software" storage needs. Especially with all the cheap and plentiful records available at thrift stores. They regularly sell them to me "by the pound" and 90% of the fun is scouring the stacks I bring home for treasure. I typically return 80 to 90% of the stack. Since they are usually shops that make money for charity, I sometimes tell them if I find one I already have that's worth more than 50 cents. I figure if I help them, they will call me when a large supply arrives and sometimes they do! (rarely...but it's happened.)

My Social Networking

Visit 58limited's Youtube Channel

I love old record players, especially the big consoles. I had a 1969 Magnavox tube console that I picked up at an estate sale for a friend for $20.00. Everyone, including young people, commented on the great sound but no one had room for it in there home. I had it for 8 months before he picked it up and it sounded wonderful! Good warm room-filling sound and it had the original computer punch card warranty card taped to the back, haven't seen one of those since elementary school.
    “Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of grains that could’ve become beer, but didn’t.” ~ Walter Thornburgh

"I carry two magnums: One is a gun and I keep it loaded. The other is a bottle and it keeps me loaded." ~ Tracer Bullet (Calvin & Hobbes)

I had a Panasonic console from 1967. Had the radio and record player but it was solid state and didn't sound too good. I got it for 50 bucks at a thrift. Took two guys to get it on my truck. It got me back into vinyl but when I got a real record player with a decent amp and speakers I took it back to the same thrift. They sold it again a week later!

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

I've got most of my dad's record collection in the basement, the turntable is USB compatible so I can convert to mp3, crackle and all
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014
    "I tend to....um, er, experiment, and go outside the box. Sometimes outside the whole department store." - Ebonhawk, 2014