Thread: Save an old piano!

Default Save an old piano!

This is a video of the tuner playing this 105 year old player piano I wanted to restore. It is a wonderful instrument but sadly, the restoration is way too expensive for my budget. I needed a player piano and not a regular piano so I got another, working player and this one is sitting in my ante-room. But not for much longer. If I can't get someone to take it, it's going to have to go to the big concert hall in the sky. I know it's a long shot but if anyone knows anyone that wants an upright with a great sound, here it is for free!

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

My Social Networking

Visit 58limited's Youtube Channel

List it on your local Craig's List and see what happens. I have an 1884 Chickering that needs restoration. For now its sitting in my living room.
    “Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of grains that could’ve become beer, but didn’t.” ~ Walter Thornburgh

"I carry two magnums: One is a gun and I keep it loaded. The other is a bottle and it keeps me loaded." ~ Tracer Bullet (Calvin & Hobbes)

Why don't you stay
    Justa little bit longer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pHlX1xGARA

Quote Originally Posted by 58limited View Post
    List it on your local Craig's List and see what happens. I have an 1884 Chickering that needs restoration. For now its sitting in my living room.
    I tried that. Miami is so full of weird people I took it down. Not one legit call. Sigh.

I'm from New York, hung out in the village and alphabet city as a teenager sometimes all night. Never got nervous. But the freaks I meet here make all spider senses tingle. This is a crazy (in the clinical sense) place.

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

You might try contacting a piano store, some of them take them in on consignment. The store my wife got hers had several up here, so I bet there are lots in Miami. Not sure how that all works, but it may get it out of your way.

Years ago when I lived in San Diego there was a piano tuners/repairers club. They did this for fun, weird huh but if you could find one in your part of Florida I'll bet someone would love it.

Also it basically works as a regular piano, there has to be a senior center, a teen center, a community center somewhere that could use a piano.

Cheers
    Jay

I'd throw it on eBay for 0.99c
    Mae'r teithiau golau ceffyl eto

Quote Originally Posted by kudapucat View Post
    I'd throw it on eBay for 0.99c
    It's been there for a month. At 0.99c.

Just for fun, you might relist it as a good piano that plays OK and price it at say $100-200 dollars. at 0.99c most people probably think it is just a piece of junk that you are hunting for them to get rid of for you.

My Social Networking

Visit 58limited's Youtube Channel

Some antique shops will take things to sell on consignment, you might look into that.
    “Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of grains that could’ve become beer, but didn’t.” ~ Walter Thornburgh

"I carry two magnums: One is a gun and I keep it loaded. The other is a bottle and it keeps me loaded." ~ Tracer Bullet (Calvin & Hobbes)

Default Save an old piano!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'll try them all.

I really do want to save it. I would even pay to take it to a storage place until I could do the work myself in a year or three.

It found a new home! Last minute salvation. Saved from the dump hours before the sanitation guys were going to break it up and haul it away.

Awesome news!
    Mae'r teithiau golau ceffyl eto