Thread: Do any of you do this for fun??

Default Do any of you do this for fun??

I found a nice vid on a climb I ride every year. I'm not near as fast as this pro but to just do it at 55 in my mind is pretty spectacular. I have also ridden to the top of the highest road in north america as well as many other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NECDeWhpL8
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

My Social Networking

Follow Mazer828 On Twitter Add Mazer828 on Facebook Add Mazer828 on Google+
    Visit Mazer828's Youtube Channel

Matter of fact, I do. Check out www.deathride.com if you want to see one of my more epic rides. Love the climbing, despite what others say about my sanity!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Then glory in battle to Hrothgar was given, waxing of war-fame, that willingly kinsmen obeyed his bidding, till the boys grew to manhood, a numerous band. It burned in his spirit to urge his folk to found a great building, a mead-hall grander than men of the era ever had heard of, and in it to share with young and old all of the blessings the Lord had allowed him, save life and retainers." - Beowulf

Quote Originally Posted by Mazer828 View Post
    Matter of fact, I do. Check out www.deathride.com if you want to see one of my more epic rides. Love the climbing, despite what others say about my sanity!
    LOL,, That's great dude. I have ridden our death ride a couple years ago. This was by far the most epic thing I have ever done in my life. I ride about 5000 miles a year, do several centuries as well as several pay to play sponsored rides but nothing can ever compare to the death tour. Check it out. It's crazy!!!

http://deathridetour.com/ http://deathridetour.com/about-the-ride.php

I guess Pikes Peak is pretty epic for sure too. The difference is a one day thing versus a 3 day ride with hundreds of miles in distance and a handful of miles of elevation gain. My front door is a mile high and I can ride from here to the mountains on my bike in 30-40 minutes and we have tons of killer climbs. I don't know if you know of the famous "Red Rocks Amphitheater" but I ride up through there probably 4 times a week on what we call "the short loop".

Climbing is hard for me. I'm a clydesdale but I still turn heads all the time. "Hey, look at that fat old man climbing up these insane mountain passes."

I just checked out the elevation map on your Death Tour. Looks like a blast. I bet if you came out here and trained in our elevations and then went back and rode that ride you would climb like a madman.
    Last edited by Squatchy; 02-11-2016 at 03:31 AM.

My Social Networking

My last two big rides were 8 day trips from San Francisco to Los Angeles down highway 1. For arthritis. 525 miles, and over 22k feet of climbing total. Did that in 2014 and 2015. Freaking awesome. Gotta find another adventure this year.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Then glory in battle to Hrothgar was given, waxing of war-fame, that willingly kinsmen obeyed his bidding, till the boys grew to manhood, a numerous band. It burned in his spirit to urge his folk to found a great building, a mead-hall grander than men of the era ever had heard of, and in it to share with young and old all of the blessings the Lord had allowed him, save life and retainers." - Beowulf

My Social Networking

Wish I could get up your way for some big climbs. All I have is flats around me unless I want to get 40 miles or so out of town. But we still manage to have fun. Here's a little cheesy video I put together of our group we call the Chain Gang, going on a lunch ride from work. I'm the guy in the orange jersey.

https://youtu.be/_PUk8tkkeGk
    Last edited by Mazer828; 02-11-2016 at 03:31 AM.

If you can get out here your welcome to stay at my house

Check the map out here http://deathridetour.com/about-the-ride.php

I'd be happy to show you around. We have many supported rides in the mountains if you would want to fly out to do one of them. You wouldn't even need to bring your bike. I have several that we could make fit you. I'm guessing you ride a 60-61?
    Last edited by Squatchy; 02-11-2016 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazer828 View Post
    Wish I could get up your way for some big climbs. All I have is flats around me unless I want to get 40 miles or so out of town. But we still manage to have fun. Here's a little cheesy video I put together of our group we call the Chain Gang, going on a lunch ride from work. I'm the guy in the orange jersey.

https://youtu.be/_PUk8tkkeGk
    Did you ride the Broderick and Broadway climb is SF when you were there?.

My Social Networking

Isn't that the 38% grade? Yeah, no! Lol

All I know is that the guy doing the video is a beast. He is able to talk! Great video. I almost put down my Star Wars toys and got out on the bike....almost.

Quote Originally Posted by mannye View Post
    All I know is that the guy doing the video is a beast. He is able to talk! Great video. I almost put down my Star Wars toys and got out on the bike....almost.
    You could take your toys with you Mannye. Just put them in your basket that the dog rides in LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchy View Post
    You could take your toys with you Mannye. Just put them in your basket that the dog rides in LOL
    E.T. Rides in my basket... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mannye View Post
    E.T. Rides in my basket... LOL
    Awesome!! Any pics?