• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

You're doing it right!!

Barrel Char Wood Products

PapaScout

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 10, 2014
Indiana, US
Everybody remember "Yo Momma so fat..." jokes? Well, same concept here except with mead! Confused? Okay, I'll start...

When you come home from work and the house smells like flowers? You're doing it right!

When you spend more $$ a year on honey than on milk? You're doing it right!

PapaScout

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 10, 2014
Indiana, US
Sigh...When you try to start a fun thread and noone f'in cares. I guess I'll just stay here for the mead recipes.

Farmboyc

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 2, 2015
How about: When you walking through the juice isle and all you can think is "Hmmm I wonder if that will ferment". You're doing it right.

58limited

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
May 25, 2015
SE Texas
www.1958buickforum.net
A take on that one: All of your friends have fruit trees or berry bushes or they like to go pick berries at the local farms. They all talk about the jellies, pies, and cobblers they plan to make and all you can think is "Mead..." you're doing it right.

DontTreadOnMe

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 10, 2016
When you complain about the rising price of the loaves of bread your wife brings home then sneak onto the internet to buy $50 worth of honey...You're doing it right!

djsxxx

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 18, 2016
United kingdom
When family photos are being taken off the dresser to make space for demijohns... You're doing it right!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

PapaScout

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 10, 2014
Indiana, US
Thanks for playing All! Sorry for being so whiny when I started this.

When you don't care if people call it wine or mead or beer - you just hope you it doesn't taste like ass. You're doing it right!

Clwurster

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Jan 15, 2015
Indiana
When you bring your mead to a party & someone says I don't like mead & you say try mine. & then they say hey that's good,can I have some more? Your doing it right

PapaScout

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 10, 2014
Indiana, US
When it's a Sunday afternoon and you're a teensy little bit buzzed on stuff that you shepherded along the fermentation path with the grace of Odin. You're doing it right!

EbonHawk

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 24, 2014
Dothan, AL, USA
When you're skipping lunches at work and squirreling away cash from impromptu trips to the grocery store just so you can buy "the good stuff"...you're doing it right!

Stasis

Honey Master
Registered Member
Jan 10, 2014
Malta
When you're on a date and don't know what to say.. your date asks what hobbies or interests you've got and you rant for half an hour before realizing your date might be bored... you're doing it right!

Stasis

Honey Master
Registered Member
Jan 10, 2014
Malta
When "this is the last batch until next wine season" was three *ahem five* batches ago... you're doing it right!

EbonHawk

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 24, 2014
Dothan, AL, USA
When you've got 4 different kinds of fruits, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and you want to make as many combinations as possible... The first 2 in a mead, #2 & #3 in a mead, #3 & #4 in a mead, #1 & #3 in a mead, #1 & #4 in a mead, #2 & #4 in a mead, then you want to combine 3 in a mead; you're wondering if you'll need to invest in that 5 gallon bucket of honey you've been eying online... and you have to google the # of possible combinations for groups of 2 & 3 out of 4 unique members because you can't remember what you learned in math class... You're doing it right! :-D

It's only 10, btw. :)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns