• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

2016 NHC, or new name Homebrew Con?

Barrel Char Wood Products

One T

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Mar 22, 2015
Davenport, Iowa
The 2010 NHC in Minneapolis was a big turning point in my mead making. I attended every mead seminar they offered. Ken Schramm gave one, there was a seminar on varietal honeys and a q & a panel from several former NHC mead makers of the year. 2014 in Grand Rapids I focused on ciders but still attended the seminars featuring Michael Fairbrother and Bernice. Plenty to learn. I can't make Baltimore but recommend the conference to any one who can.

VikingBear

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 27, 2016
The Commonwealth of Virginia
The 2010 NHC in Minneapolis was a big turning point in my mead making. I attended every mead seminar they offered. Ken Schramm gave one, there was a seminar on varietal honeys and a q & a panel from several former NHC mead makers of the year. 2014 in Grand Rapids I focused on ciders but still attended the seminars featuring Michael Fairbrother and Bernice. Plenty to learn. I can't make Baltimore but recommend the conference to any one who can.

I think you just confirmed my attendance. Thanks for the info!

skunkboy

NewBee
Registered Member
May 30, 2005
Between Jackson and Detroit
I've only been to the one in Grand Rapids (2014) before but the mead/cider seminars, and the people wandering made it seem worthwhile. Was definitely interesting getting direct feedback from some people since I took bottles along with and and plan to do so again for Baltimore...

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns