• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Who would you like to hear on GotMead Live?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Got an idea for a guest we can interview?
Want to hear an update from someone we've already interviewed?

This is where to let us know!

darigoni

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jun 4, 2016
Brookline, NH
In my opinion, Ken Schramm and Bray Denard have been far and away your best guests. You just had Ken on, so getting Bray back on for a full segment would be great! Hearing Bray talk about his BOMM protocols is always nice, but hearing him expound on others aspects of mead making would be a treat.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
We've been talking about getting Bray on for another Back to Basics segment, actually :)

pokerfacepablo

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 17, 2012
St. Cloud, MN
I triple that motion. My fiance and I left the mead mixer s#$t faced because of their booth.

Also, do Costa Rica Meadery. Mike and Ally are awesome. Hell, throw in a show with Noe from Nicaragua. Do a Central America month.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Stasis

Honey Master
Registered Member
Jan 10, 2014
Malta
I was reading up a bit on jack keller and it seems he also makes mead (don't know how much though). Although even if he just talks about his approach to making wines I'm sure we can learn something for our melomels. I'm sure many of us have taken ideas from his site. I think it would be cool to have him on a show

zpeckler

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 7, 2014
Newark, De
Steve Pitaz, author of "The Complete Guide to Making Mead." He recently posted a recipe on his Facebook for an "India Pale Mead." It'd be awesome to get him--or someone else with significant expertise--to talk about using hops.

pokerfacepablo

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 17, 2012
St. Cloud, MN
I was reading up a bit on jack keller and it seems he also makes mead (don't know how much though). Although even if he just talks about his approach to making wines I'm sure we can learn something for our melomels. I'm sure many of us have taken ideas from his site. I think it would be cool to have him on a show

I've converted a few of his fruit recipes into mead. He's won several medals so I'm sure this would be an interesting interview.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
I've converted a few of his fruit recipes into mead. He's won several medals so I'm sure this would be an interesting interview.

I too have used Jack Keller's recipes as starting point when using a fruit that gotmead wasn't too familiar with, Vicky and I have already discussed getting him on next session.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
How about Steve "Canadian Sasquatch"'?

http://canadiansasquatchbrewery.com

He's posted a lot of interesting videos on YouTube, about making mead, and has just recently started a new (9 part) series on "Meadology". Seems like an interesting and funny guy.

I thought he sounded familiar, that's our very own Gotmeader smertz001! I don't think he's been on Gotmead for a few months now but thank you for the suggestion! We'll see if we can fit him in, Vicky has a boatload of other potential guests on top of the suggestions here :)

darigoni

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jun 4, 2016
Brookline, NH
I'm not surprised that Steve was a member of gotmead, as he seems to be a pretty avid beer brewer and mead maker. And if you're a mead maker, there's no place better to go to learn about mead and ask questions.

Here are a couple of links to some of his YouTube videos:

BOMM: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U1gJmPsaSFE

Blood Orange Melomel Series: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KC69UXdh6X0

Meadology series : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oODPBYXqfjk

All are fairly well done amateur productions, which I've watched multiple times and taken notes off of them.

dave

dan6310

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jan 29, 2015
Massachusetts
How about Colleen Bos from Bos Meadery.
I would like to hear more in depth info on her step feeding fermentation techniques she uses for her meads.
I know step feeding is used for large ABV meads but she uses step feeding for her "average" abv meads which are done fermenting in 2 weeks.

darigoni

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jun 4, 2016
Brookline, NH
David Logsdon. Founder of Wyeast and Meadery owner. I've listened to several interesting podcasts with him on BasicBrewingRadio

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
How about Colleen Bos from Bos Meadery.
I would like to hear more in depth info on her step feeding fermentation techniques she uses for her meads.
I know step feeding is used for large ABV meads but she uses step feeding for her "average" abv meads which are done fermenting in 2 weeks.

Thanks, Bos Meadery is on our radar :)

David Logsdon. Founder of Wyeast and Meadery owner. I've listened to several interesting podcasts with him on BasicBrewingRadio

Great suggestion, we're also trying to get someone from White Labs as well!

Darksaber 3

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Mar 2, 2013
Minnesota/Iowa
I'd like to hear from Charlie Papazian, specifically more about his time spent with Brother Adam at Buckfast Abbey. Specifically the recipes that he got to go through while he was there, since he doesn't list any of that in his book Microbrewed Adventures, and yet mentions that later on Brother Adam started using chemicals, even though in the article on mead making Brother Adam wrote he specifically states not to use any chemical additions. Would love to hear more on those meads, the more specifics the better on those meads and recipes.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns