Thread: Gotmead Live Panel Discussions

Default Gotmead Live Panel Discussions

Something we at Gotmead Live have been discussing for some time is getting a bunch of professional and home meadmakers together for panel discussions on various topics.

We're thinking about taking the first show in each 8-show set and getting together a panel of several people at a time for a somewhat organized discussion about various topics.

Topics we've come up with so far:

Session Meads

Feeding Yeast

Fruit

So we have two things to ask of you Gotmeaders...

First, have you any other ideas for topics, or specific questions on the topics? If so, please let us know here!

Second, would you like to be on the panel for a specific discussion, or would you like to recommend someone we can contact? You don't have to be a commercial meadmaker, we want some home meadmakers too. Please either let us know here or email Vicky at gotmeadlive@gotmead.com and she can coordinate you with the dates we've selected for the topic you've selected.
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014
    "I tend to....um, er, experiment, and go outside the box. Sometimes outside the whole department store." - Ebonhawk, 2014

Braggots? Bochets? Sours?

My Social Networking

Add zpeckler on Facebook

I would expand the topic "Feeding Yeast" to "Yeast Health in General" and include things like proper oxygen levels, micronutrient needs, rehydration, metabolic changes over the course of fermentation, etc. and get people like Chris White on the panel.

Honey and mead chemistry please...
    Basic and advanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Default

Ask Oskar about aging and cellering meads, bottle conditioning for carbonating meads, and how to get rid of fusel alcohol taste in hotly fermented meads.