Thread: Dv10

1. Default Dv10

So I made a 23l batch of Sack Mead last fall. I used 11.5kg of total step-fed honey and used DV10 yeast. F.G 1.02 ABV 17.58%

After bulk aging for 1 yr I put some oak in 8 cubes American Med Toast and 4 cubes American Dark Toast for 2 months.

The result is a thick viscous mead mead with some residual sweetness. Prior to the oak addition there was some harshness on the finish but the oak grounded that out and left slight caramel/coffee notes behind.

Conclusion I really like DV10.
    Last edited by Farmboyc; 12-10-2016 at 02:04 PM.

I agree that it is a good yeast. Especially if you like good volume/ mouthfeel. I blend it with other things to get the added volume. It also contributes to acidity/mineralogy.
    I have 3 batches of it going as we speak.
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

My Social Networking

Visit 58limited's Youtube Channel

I like DV10 too but mainly use it for hydromels - they turn out crisp and clean tasting, not much yeast influence in the final product.
    “Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of grains that could’ve become beer, but didn’t.” ~ Walter Thornburgh

"I carry two magnums: One is a gun and I keep it loaded. The other is a bottle and it keeps me loaded." ~ Tracer Bullet (Calvin & Hobbes)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

This is DV10. I'll be adding cranberries to the Mesquite, and strawberries to the ON. The snowberry will be a trad or possibly a meth. Don't know for sure

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yep. DV10 & D254. Very good yeasts to blend with. D254 i need to babysit a little but ads those peppery notes sought after often
    better to do it than to live in the fear of it
    Drink mead & do stupid things faster