• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Better hurry,, Mazer Cup is filling up

Barrel Char Wood Products

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
I'm surprised that no one even announced it. The Mazer Cup registration opened up last night .

It was half full when I registered my entries last night. If you plan to enter you better hurry. I doubt it will be open much longer.

zpeckler

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 7, 2014
Newark, De
Damn, thanks for the heads up! I got in just under the wire. It'll be filled for sure this morning. It was at 440/450 when I finished entering.

zpeckler

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 7, 2014
Newark, De
Me too! I'm entering two dry traditionals, my take on Oskaar's Mutiny on the Bounty cyser, and the first batch of my Saison session mead. This will be my first submission to a competition!

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
Me too! I'm entering two dry traditionals, my take on Oskaar's Mutiny on the Bounty cyser, and the first batch of my Saison session mead. This will be my first submission to a competition!

I was blown away last year when I was there. I thought the pro stuff would be better than the home brewers. I don't know why I thought that. Boy was I wrong. The home brew division had great meads in all the categories. A very tough competition for sure. I bet a tenth place mead would win best of show in lots of other competitions.

zpeckler

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 7, 2014
Newark, De
I was blown away last year when I was there. I thought the pro stuff would be better than the home brewers. I don't know why I thought that. Boy was I wrong. The home brew division had great meads in all the categories. A very tough competition for sure. I bet a tenth place mead would win best of show in lots of other competitions.
Dude I can believe it. It sounds like the level of quality across the board in the mead world has grown exponentially. I'm not expecting to get a cup or anything, I'm just hoping for some good feedback from the judges.

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
Dude I can believe it. It sounds like the level of quality across the board in the mead world has grown exponentially. I'm not expecting to get a cup or anything, I'm just hoping for some good feedback from the judges.

Well you can send me some and I'll give you some good feedback ;)

WVMJack

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 12, 2013
Karnage, WV
www.wvmjack.com
We have a cyser made from a wildling crabapple and some local dark honey, these crabapples have a high SG on their own and lots of acid and head shrinking tannins and a very apply flavor that stands up well to dark honey, it went thru MLF and finished perfectly smooth. I was going to send in a bottle and registered, when I finally read the instructions they wanted 3 bottles, what, 3 bottles, I was having a hard time parting with one, so we withdrew. Going to wait until our trees grafted from this start producing apples and do it again planning on making enough to part with a few bottles without pain:) When we pulled out I posted here so if someone had just missed the deadline they could do a quick pickup for the last entry, we dont want an empty spot on the table because of us. WVMJ

Did you get in Jack?

Clwurster

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Jan 15, 2015
Indiana
I'm with you WVMJ. I just can't bring myself to part with 3 bottles of my liquid gold. There's a reason mead is the drink of kings & im not gonna give it up. Just sayin...going to the mead cave now-need to check on the Chardonnay & Sauvignon..yea I know it's not mead but I'm an equal opportunity quaffer

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
36 hours to fill all 450 entries? Wow!! New record this year for sure. Glad I got mine done in time. It was a close thing but I made it. Good luck everyone!

Nice to see you back here Sandman. Where did you go? You been doing Black Ops for the past several tours?

christo

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Nov 30, 2010
For those that didn't make it into Mazer, the Domras Cup still has 20 slots open as of this morning but probably won't make it through the weekend.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns