FerndalePalooza!30% Off Pairing Mead and Food!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: I'm sorry. Please read

  1. #1

    Default I'm sorry. Please read

    It was brought to my attention by one of my forum friends that I have become a grumpy old man.

    I wanted to take this time to apologize to any and all of you.

    I'm sorry if I have offended or belittled you. My intentions are good. I just come across harsh at times.

    I'm truly sorry and I hope you will forgive me if I have hurt you.

    I was raised by wolfs and am still a work in progress

    Ryan
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

  2. #2

    Default

    Speaking purely for myself here. I have read some of the replies you have left on my own post and those of some others. I appreciate when somebody 'shoots from the hip' and tells me in no uncertain terms that my idea won't work because of... or I am mistreating or ruining the good name of brewers due to x factors. I don't want to ruin an experience for myself by not following recipes or the correct procedures to create a beautiful drink. I am also very quick to let people know if I disagree with what was said or how it came across. I have found the information you have passed on to be very useful, or at least thought provoking. Thank you for your contributions to this forum Squatchy. I look forward to the next instalment of "Grumpy Old Wolf Man Saves the Newb".
    From my brain to your eyes.

  3. #3

    Default

    Thank you sir for the kind words!
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Brookline, NH
    Posts
    673

    Default

    I second Chris.O's sentiments!!

  5. #5

    Default

    Thanks Dave
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris.offord View Post
    Speaking purely for myself here. I have read some of the replies you have left on my own post and those of some others. I appreciate when somebody 'shoots from the hip' and tells me in no uncertain terms that my idea won't work because of... or I am mistreating or ruining the good name of brewers due to x factors. I don't want to ruin an experience for myself by not following recipes or the correct procedures to create a beautiful drink. I am also very quick to let people know if I disagree with what was said or how it came across. I have found the information you have passed on to be very useful, or at least thought provoking. Thank you for your contributions to this forum Squatchy. I look forward to the next instalment of "Grumpy Old Wolf Man Saves the Newb".
    I agree and take your comments seriously. I would descript your comments more as "blunt" than "harsh" but personally I like it so the same myself.

    That said there are some newbies that say they want help but don't necessarily want to follow the advice given. I don't think you can either make those happy nor truly help them.

  7. #7

    Default

    [QUOTE=caduseus;261700]I agree and take your comments seriously. I would descript your comments more as "blunt" than "harsh" but personally I like it so the same myself.

    That said there are some newbies that say they want help but don't necessarily want to follow the advice given. I don't think you can either make those happy nor truly help them.[/QUO
    I agree totally. I need to learn to not let them affect my attitude
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Northwestern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatchy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caduseus View Post
    I agree and take your comments seriously. I would descript your comments more as "blunt" than "harsh" but personally I like it so the same myself.

    That said there are some newbies that say they want help but don't necessarily want to follow the advice given. I don't think you can either make those happy nor truly help them.
    I agree totally. I need to learn to not let them affect my attitude
    Yeah; that's the hard part. I know from my mentoring attempts at work that half the stuff I say is ignored. Problem is, I never know which half until well after the fact. Don't let it get you down.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Saratoga Springs , NY
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    But being a local curmudgeon has a long and respectable history. Andy Rooney, for example.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Newark, De
    Posts
    519

    My Social Networking

    Add zpeckler on Facebook

    Default

    It's not your fault the damn newbies won't buy hydrometers!

  11. #11

    Default

    Squatchy, I never new you were old!
    We are all a work in progress.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beecarp View Post
    Squatchy, I never new you were old!
    We are all a work in progress.
    Lol. I have grand kids who know more about making Mead than some of the experts I run into on Facebook
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Yeah; that's the hard part. I know from my mentoring attempts at work that half the stuff I say is ignored. Problem is, I never know which half until well after the fact. Don't let it get you down.
    Thanks for the encouragement brother
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

  14. #14

    Default

    I wouldn't blame it on the newbies either. Even experienced mazers become set in their ways. With so much conflicting information and misinformation I'm not surprised newbies do not automatically accept the advice we offer. Hopefully they will eventually learn on their own what is correct and what isn't. Meanwhile we try to play nice so that the advice we offer is not ignored simply because we're seen as rude.
    But yeah, it's very easy to seem like a grumpy old man. I've edited or deleted numerous posts because I realize that I might be seen as grumpy or I realize there is no way for me to say what I need to say with enough emphasis without seeming rude. Sometimes I just ignore threads...
    "Shouldn’t we say wine is a mead-like beverage made with grapes substituted for the honey?" - Steve Piatz

  15. #15

    Default

    This dawned on me yesterday. It's very hard for me to type. I cut the tips of 2 of my fingers off. Before the accident I could type pretty well. It's a slow chore now. Because it's so laborious, I don't spend the time I would otherwise to add all the niceties and color I once would have. So, because of this I come across more blunt than in person.

    On another note. I really need to not bother posting on certain threads.
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    34

    Default

    lol You're funny, Squatchy

  17. #17

    Default

    No worries Squatchy
    That happens to me when I'm sending messages from my tablet
    "Shouldn’t we say wine is a mead-like beverage made with grapes substituted for the honey?" - Steve Piatz

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hartford, Huntingdon, United Kingdom
    Posts
    804

    My Social Networking

    Add sandman on Facebook

    Default

    Meh... We're good. If I couldn't take a response I wouldn't post anything. I'm a big boy.

  19. Default

    I, for one, greatly appreciate the time you have taken to answer my questions!

  20. #20

    Default

    You are very welcome . Thanks for the kind word
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A good Tej read
    By Squatchy in forum Mead NewBees - Post your Questions Here
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2015, 11:00 PM
  2. Tapatalk bug - everybody please read
    By kudapucat in forum The Hive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 02:39 AM
  3. Read newspaper?
    By Darter in forum Mead NewBees - Post your Questions Here
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 05:41 PM
  4. Must-Read Books
    By shunoshi in forum Mead NewBees - Post your Questions Here
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 11:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •