Thread: This is such a great site for information and idea sharing... Thanks to everyone...

My Social Networking

Add Kody_Wulfe on Facebook

Default This is such a great site for information and idea sharing... Thanks to everyone...

So I am brewing in one gallon batches.... does anyone has a source for 2 gallon wide mouth jars with lids that I can drill for an airlock

I would prefer glass... I know you can use plastic that is food safe.... anyone have thoughts about glass/plastic

I am submitting my application to become a Patron by the way....

Thanks again to all...

Kody

I've only done 2 batches now in buckets, but I love it. I recommend plastic buckets for primary just because it makes everything easier. Then glass for secondary so you can keep an eye on how it clears more easily. At least that's what I'm going to be doing. You can easily get buckets from home brew websites or a local store if you have one near you. Mine has 1, 2.5, 3.5, 5, 6, and 10 gallon buckets. Though each size is not always in stock. Nabbed the last 2.5 in my last visit.

Buckets are love buckets are life.
    Easy clean, easy rack, easy addition, easy using fruit. Except for long term aging because you dont want to have a lot of headspace, bucket wins. Plastic is great. Make sure to use a sulphite solution to kill any yeast left from previous batches 24h before adding any new mead/must into the bucket.

I use gallon buckets for primary and glass for secondary.
    I dont think you can buy primary (plastic or glass) in 2 gallon and may have to buy a 3 gallon.

Here is a PET 3 gallon i just bought. I had to buy a#10 drill stopper to go with it. It is suppose to be impermeable to air and thus good for secondary too but not likely to use it for that:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1