Thread: Gotmead?

Default Gotmead?

Gotmead is back!

So Vicky, what happened? All the techies want to know. :-)

I guess i found out how much I missed Got Mead today. I kept checking every few hours and was disappointing.

Glad it is back, what went wrong?

Sorry all, been hiding in the Keys for a week, recovering from running the AMMA Conference and judging at the Mazer Cup in Colorado, and I'm just getting back.

The site went down literally as we were arriving in Florida for our vacation. Figures, right? The problem was a host upgrade of PHP and mySQL, and not completely finishing the details, taking the site down. So, long story short, they had to finish configuring LiteSpeed (we're still tweaking). I basically watched until they got it loaded, and have been doing remote db table repairs while on vacation, figuring I could do a whole overhaul when I got back (yesterday).

And, it seems there is a glitched user name in the user table for the forum, and it crashes the user table a couple times a day, and I have to do an on the fly repair. And now it seems the site theme software is interfereing with the back end, so I'm running that one down with the theme developer.

Just another day at GotMead, lol. That is why you guys don't see me posting much. <poor poor pitiful me>I have to languish here and drink other people's mead, lol.</poor poor pitiful me>

So, the end is I'll likely have to overhaul the site and do some serious code cleanup and streamline things. Any hotshots out there want to slave on the site with me? ::grin::
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995

Thank you for bringing us back online and together again.
    I know it is a lousy job maintaining a website and discussion board, I have been doing it for over 20 years, and mostly retired now.
    So when I say Thank You, I REALLY mean it!
    Wayne

Thanks for having our backs, Vicky
    The effort is appreciated. And you can write in <poor pitiful me> all you need
    In case you are not aware you are having some problems with patron memeberships too.
    Anyway, its the murphy law. It had to break while you were on vacation.
    Hope you still got some R&R

Talk about timing, going down just as you go off on holiday haha!

P.S - I'm pretty hot on T-SQL

What I really need is someone who is a CPanel and Litespeed configuration expert that can help me get everything upgraded to PHP 5.6 and tweaked so it works. Also need an htaccess and php.ini expert to help me with the settings, they've all changed with 5.6.

Right now, there are all these 'gremlins' loose in the site, I can't do a bunch of stuff back-end, and weird glitches and errors keep popping up. The latest version of Wordpress requires 5.6, I'm running 5.56, and need to have it upgraded, but they don't seem to know how to tweak it.

I'll keep working to lock it down, but I'm having to re-learn a bunch of stuff that's changed.
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995