Thread: Is mead good for dental health?

1. Default Is mead good for dental health?

We have never tasted mead until a friend gifted us a bottle for my husband's birthday. My husband has now become an addict. I didn't try to control him as I have heard that it is made from honey and it contains antioxidants which are beneficial to the human body.

If I try to control him, he will start using alcohol, which is harmful to his body. But, I think that he is addicted to it right now.

He had a teeth whitening treatment from our family dentist in Ajax in order to remove the stains on his teeth.
    Can mead stain the teeth? Should I ask him to stop using mead? Will it affect his dental health?

My Social Networking

Follow Shelley On Twitter Add Shelley on Facebook

Mead is alcohol, just as much as wine is alcohol.
    Mead Magic
    Turn Honey Into Wine
    With our complete one-gallon kit!

I think he has bigger problems than teeth whitenkng. It sounds like he has an alcohol problem. You should be more concerned what it is doing to his liver and mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by nillaz View Post
    We have never tasted mead until a friend gifted us a bottle for my husband's birthday. My husband has now become an addict. I didn't try to control him as I have heard that it is made from honey and it contains antioxidants which are beneficial to the human body.

If I try to control him, he will start using alcohol, which is harmful to his body. But, I think that he is addicted to it right now.

He had a teeth whitening treatment from our family dentist in Ajax in order to remove the stains on his teeth.
    Can mead stain the teeth? Should I ask him to stop using mead? Will it affect his dental health?
    Hemlock tea is made from natural sources as well, I don't recommend you drink it though.

I honestly question if this is a legit post. Both posts by this person contain links to businesses (Edit: Sorry, my mistake, I thought another recent post was started by nillaz). But..... Assuming this post is legit, and your husband is an addict, asking him to stop won't get you anywhere. He should contact Alcoholics Anonymous, and you should contact Al-Anon (support for families of alcoholics). Here are links to find groups in your area:

Alcoholics Anonymous: http://www.aa.org/
    Al-Anon Family Groups: http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/

Well, before we assume he's an alcoholic, what is your definition of "addicted" nillaz?
    He drinks a glass or two a day and really enjoys it, or a bottle or more a day? Drinks every day, or a couple times a week?

From the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA):
    "For women, low-risk drinking is defined as no more than 3 drinks on any single day and no more than 7 drinks per week. For men, it is defined as no more than 4 drinks on any single day and no more than 14 drinks per week. NIAAA research shows that only about 2 in 100 people who drink within these limits have alcohol use disorder (AUD)."

Mead arguably has health benefits in a similar way wine does. I've heard some people have trouble with red wine staining their teeth, but I imagine unless it was a fruit mead with red berries, mead would not have that problem. I also wouldn't necessarily say stained teeth are unhealthy, just unsightly. Its plaque you have to worry about, and studies have shown that drinking wine leads to a healthier mouth and less bacteria. Possibly the same with mead.
    Last edited by dingurth; 05-15-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Methinks nillaz is advertising teeth whitening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All mushrooms are edible. At least once...

If your husband is having a drinking problem, even with mead, the stains on his teeth are the least or your problems... try to find medical help, the sooner the better.