Homegrown Yarrow for Viking BOMM

Homegrown Wild Ginger for Ginger BOMM

Homegrown Texas Hibiscus for Dragon's Blood BOMM

Coming soon...
    Gesho (Rhamnus perinoide) for T'ej BOMM

I cannot be the only one? Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Better brewing through science!

And yes, I know what the hibiscus looks like. I get a lot of comments on that.

Quote Originally Posted by loveofrose View Post
    And yes, I know what the hibiscus looks like. I get a lot of comments on that.

AHAHA this is great! I would totally do it if I had a yard... I contemplated growing dandelions in the window box of my apt for a dandelion mead, but it turns out you need a SHIT TON of dandelions for that. Oh well. Maybe I'll rent a plot in a nearby community garden next year. (not just for dandelions!)

Some plants are easier to grow when the growing season is longer than about 90 days

Quote Originally Posted by dingurth View Post
    AHAHA this is great! I would totally do it if I had a yard... I contemplated growing dandelions in the window box of my apt for a dandelion mead, but it turns out you need a SHIT TON of dandelions for that. Oh well. Maybe I'll rent a plot in a nearby community garden next year. (not just for dandelions!)
    Dude... you're in Brooklyn. Go harvest dandelions. They are all over the place. Well, at least in Queens they are. Go to Flushing Meadows and bring a bag with you. ACRES of dandelions. Just don't get stuck with a used needle.

EDit...

I don't remember if it's too late in the summer already for flowers though.

I'm excited to hear how the Dragon's Blod clone works out. I absolutely hated the commercial one, but I've since realized I was unfair as who knows how long that bottle had been there and I've never tried it again (it was expensive and it sucked...)

And your dedication to the craft is admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by mannye View Post
    Dude... you're in Brooklyn. Go harvest dandelions. They are all over the place. Well, at least in Queens they are. Go to Flushing Meadows and bring a bag with you. ACRES of dandelions. Just don't get stuck with a used needle.

EDit...

I don't remember if it's too late in the summer already for flowers though.
    (I think it might be)

But the real problems with this are (aside from the needles I'm sure to find):
    1) Queens. Why would I go there.
    2) even if I went that's like a 3 hour round trip for flushing meadows.
    3) the fact that Queens is full of dandelions supports #1. Brooklyn and Manhattan actually spend some time maintaining their parks.

Sometimes the price is just too high. No, I'll stay in Brooklyn.
    Or maybe I'm not dedicated enough

Edit: In fact, there was a guy trying to organize a dandelion harvesting event, and even they were going upstate instead of going to Queens! AHAHA

Lol. As a long time resident of Queens I'm insulted and completely in agreement with you. Lol.

Actually, for a while I lived in Woodside and we natives are so loathe to leave our natural habitat (except manhattan of course) that even though the strange land of Brooklyn was less than a mile up Greenpoint Ave, we never ventured into the actual Greenpoint area. Because, you know... ew.

Lol. As a long time resident of Queens I'm insulted and completely in agreement with you. Lol.

Actually, for a while I lived in Woodside and we natives are so loathe to leave our natural habitat (except manhattan of course) that even though the strange land of Brooklyn was less than a mile up Greenpoint Ave, we never ventured into the actual Greenpoint area. Because, you know... ew.
    lol, that's what's going to happen when the only train connecting the boroughs that doesn't go through manhattan is the G... I mean even to me Greenpoint is like some sort of purgatory between Brooklyn and Queens. "What do you mean I have to transfer trains just to get into the city?"

In summation: Bray, definitely keep planting cool things.

I'm excited to hear how the Dragon's Blod clone works out. I absolutely hated the commercial one, but I've since realized I was unfair as who knows how long that bottle had been there and I've never tried it again (it was expensive and it sucked...)
    I already have a Dragon's Blood worked that is wonderful. It's nothing like the commercial one (which is a good thing). You can see the recipe here: https://denardbrewing.com/blog/post/...hibiscus-mead/